Freedom

Addie's P.O.V

The sounds of the yelling and fighting grew louder and louder. It's been 9 months since the night I saw all the guys. The women Tully knows has had my back since I first got here,

Shelly:"How you holdin up Addie?"
Me:"Oh hey Shelly, I'm okay. Sorry trying to drown out the fighting and yelling."
Shelly:"Yea seems like it get louder each day."
Me:"Yea. Hey, how do you feel about a motorcycle club?"
Shelly:"From being around you it seems decent, why?"
Me:"I'm the VP I can always talk to Jax, need more women. Can't stand that I'm the only woman in the club."
Shelly:"Yea sounds cool probably have to talk to Tully about it."
Me:"Why?"
Shelly:"I'm his lady."
Me:"What?! No way, all this time I never knew that."
Shelly:"Nobody really knows. Been in here too long don't really talk about mine and his relationship."
Me:"Yea? Well I'll do my damndest to get you both out."
Shelly:"Really?"
Me:"Yea no doubt."

Jax's P.O.V

Patterson sat down across from me,

Patterson:"Your gun was in your home but it wasn't the one that was fired. I talked to everyone you know and nobody can shed light to why Ashlyn was murdered. Been 9 months and yet you still won't say a word to me. We have nothing on you for that so we're cutting you and the rest of the Son's loose."

She stood up and I looked at the table,

Jax:"Why? We're the bad guys."

I heard her sigh and she turned around and stood next to me.

Patterson:"Yes, but you all served time. No bad behavior so your free to go."

She walked away and the officer stepped into the room taking the cuffs off and led me to the cell that I shared with Ope.

Ope:"So?"
Me:"We're getting out today. She may go see Addie. If we're out before her we should go get her."
Ope:"Finally."

Addie's P.O.V

I laid on the bed in my cell listening to Shelly speak about her and Tully, suddenly she stopped so I looked to see why. An officer stood there staring,

Officer:"Let's go Winston, DA wants to speak with you."

I stood up and looked to shelly who smiled. I nodded and the officer opened the cell then handcuffed me walking me to the visitor room. She opened the door walking me to the table so I sat down and she started to cuff me to the table when Patterson stopped her.

Patterson:"That's not necessary. Remove the cuffs. We'll be fine."

The officer did what she said and left the room.

Patterson:"Do you know why Ashlyn was murdered?"
Me:"No."
Patterson:"You have any idea who did it?"
Me:"No."-I lied-
Patterson:"Very well. I know it's probably been hard for you since your the only woman in the club."
Me:"I managed. Still alive so that says something."
Patterson:"Yes, other then being shived. I know about that. Got shived and yet you did nothing back, why?"
Me:"Didn't want to be in her any longer than I have to."
Patterson:"Understood. Well I released the guys this morning, your next. I assume they will be here to pick you up so I will let the officers know that when they get here they can release you then."

She stood up to leave but I stopped her.

Me:"I need a favor."
Patterson:"Okay?"
Me:"Shelly, Tully's old lady, is there any way possible to get her and Tully release early?"
Patterson:"Why?"
Me:"I would be repaying them a favor. Shelly, she looked out for me since I got here. She's really not a bad person."

Patterson looked me in the eyes for a moment like she was searching for something then placed her hand on the table.

Patterson:"I believe you, I will look into it and see what strings I can pull to make it happen."
Me:"Thank you."