Chapter 20

Axel Pov ¤

I had one more surprise for Tommy.  I didn't tell him about it incase he did something at the lessons.  It is technically just a fancy dinner, which isn’t very creative but at least I won’t have to cook.  It also gives Tommy a chance to forget my failure at the pottery place.

“You missed the t-turn, idiot”  my kind and gentleTommy pointed out.  I hope you note the sarcasm.

“We have another stop, imbecile.”  

With that I turned into the restaurant that I couldn’t bother to learn the name of.  I asked a friend for instruction and the number, that was all I needed to know. All I knew about the place we went was that my friends said it was good.

I parked the car and glanced at my mate.  He gave me a look that said it all. I hopped out of the car as fast as I could possibly do.  Then ran to his side and opened his door for him. I know it bugs him when I do things like this for him, but I can’t help it.  The blush he gives me afterwards gives me the biggest thrill I have ever felt in my life. Plus if he really didn’t want me to do it, he wouldn’t have waited for me to open the door.

“I hope your happy with yourself.  Next time I w-w-won’t wait for you.” I roll my eyes at him.  

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Thomas Pov ♤

The eye role that Axel just gave me proves that he knows I lied.  I thought it was kind of sweet when he opened the door for me. Not all the time, but if he was to do it on dates later in the future I won’t be mad at it.

“I hope your hungry.”  Axel said probably trying to start up a conversation. 

“When am I not h-hungry?”  Like really that is that even a question.  “The bigger question is, what k-k-kind of food do they serve here?”

“Uhh… I don’t know.”  Axel scratched the back of his head.  Then a very faint blush crept onto his face, a small one but it was definitely there.  

“Do you know w-where we are?”  I asked. Who the fuck takes someone to a resturant that they don’t know on a date.

“No.”  He replied very quietly pursing his lips.

“How the hell-”

“I know, I know.  It’s stupid, but it’s what happens when you ask your friends for advice.  They thought it would be more fun if I was in on the surprise too.” He explained with anger in his voice.  The anger wasn’t aimed at me, it was for his friends.

It’s kind of cute that he did this.

“Thanks sweetheart”  Axel winked at me in an exaggerated manner.

“I refuse to a-a-acknowledge that I said that out loud.”  Holy shit I said that out loud! Can someone tape my mouth shut, so I don’t have to deal with this.  Or better yet, how about someone just switch places with me.

"Whatever you say."  He started laughing. Not a small chuckle, no.  He was laughing big old belly laughs in the middle of a fancy as restaurant while we are covered in clay.

Sinking down in my chair I looked at the menu.  This place is a steakhouse steak house so it had like 5 items on the menu.  It didn't offer up much of a distraction.

"Shut up!  People are l-looking!"  I whisper yelled at Axel, kicking his ankle in the process.

Axel struggled to put on a straight face.  "How do you like the restaurant so far?" He asked.