Like I'm a combat substitute for a reason,

Three AM.

It was three AM when Dae's phone rang loudly, waking the young girl.

She looks at the contact; Dahyun, and Chaeyoung.

Still inattentive, she tiredly answers the phone.

"Hello?" Her voice was raspy and barely audible.

"Dae? Thank goodness you're awake."

"Is everything alright?" Dae worryingly questions, still half asleep.

"Yes, of course. If we were in danger, we would contact your fathers; we wouldn't put that stress on you."

"Why are you calling me this early then?"

"JYP announced we are going on a mission this morning. We're letting you know that you are subbing for us."

"Oh!" Dae was fully conscious now. "How long am I taking over for?"

"About a week or so. We're going to America for a mission."

"Why is everyone going to America recently?" Dae mumbles.

"Will you be able to take care of our students for that long? You have a long list of responsibilities."

"Of course I will" Dae states proudly. "I was ranked up for a reason."

"Great, thank you." Chaeyoung expresses on the other line. "Just in case you forget, we'll send you a list of things you must do every day before and after school."

"That'll help a lot, thank you. Good luck on your mission, I'm going to sleep now."

The girls giggle on the other line. "Alright, goodnight Dae, be safe."

Just as Dae ended the call; throwing her phone on the nightstand beside her, her door opens.

She peers her eyes over her covers, making eye contact with who was in her room.

"Minho?" Dae whimpers into the dark.

"Yeah, it's me." He answers back quietly. "What are you doing up?"

Minho sits at the foot of her bed, looking at her patiently. He wasn't angry, nor unhappy. He was calm.

"Dahyun and Chaeyoung called, I'm subbing for a few days."

"Oh, that's good. You finally get to show how talented and skilled you are."

Dae smiles gently at his words. He isn't much of the complimenting type, so this meant a lot to her.

"How have your new classes been?"

"Normal, most tier-one spies are so egotistical, it's entertaining to knock them down a few pegs."

"I'm sad I never got to take your class, Minnie," Dae mumbles, laying back down on her bed.

"You practically get my class at home, you're missing out on nothing." Minho moves so he's laying down next to her. Dae leans into him, finding him comforting. "Have I ever told you how proud I am of you?"

"Occasionally," She replies softly.

"Dae, I'm very proud of the person you've become. I know I'm always hard on you and don't allow you to do many things, but I'm just a dad who doesn't know what the fuck they are doing."

Dae laughs lightly in his shoulder. "I know that. And trust me, Minnie, I think you are doing amazing as a father. Even though we have our disagreements."

Their conversation transformed into a soothing silence and the two of them drifted to a peaceful doze.

Until the yelling of Changbin woke them up.