Follow your heart

Dae continues to cry in Jackson's room, waiting for someone to collect her. Tell her everything will be alright. Give her a hug and a gentle forehead kiss.

But she was left with holding on to herself as she attempted to grip onto reality and sanity.

Thankfully, at one point, someone heard her silent pleads.

"Dae? Thank god you're alive." Mina sighs out, running to the helpless girl.

Dae quickly wraps her arms around Mina, Mina doing the same to her.

"How are you doing? I haven't heard most of the story. I'm assuming you're out of death row."

"Stray Kids put me on the blacklist. Not just blacklist to be watched, they threw me in detention. They were so eager to have me fight for my life. I feel abandoned. But then, they were so ready to take me back in when I was proven innocent. I don't want to go back to them just yet. I don't want to do something wrong in their watch and go back down there."

"Ah, Dae, I understand. Don't worry love. You're under my protection until your ready to go back to your adopted family."

"Thank you." Dae breathes out, relieved to have someone here for her.

"Now, where are you planning on staying? Because you are obviously not staying with Stray Kids."

"The dorms. I just need someone to go get my stuff from my house."

"I'll do it all," Mina concludes, standing up. "Let's go get you a dorm, then you'll go to the rest of your classes, and tonight I'll bring you your stuff."

"Really?" Dae questions, dumbfounded.

She nods, "Here give me your phone." Mina gently commands.

Dae digs out her phone, unlocking it and handing her device to Mina. Mina clicks around, types a few things and hands it back.

Dae looks at what she did on her phone. She put her phone number in; her contact name being "Mafia Godmother"

Mina holds out her hand, gesturing her Dae to take it. Dae slowly links her hands with hers, looking up and Mina, giving her a gentle smile of reassurance.

Mina leads Dae to JYP's office, the young girl's heart starts to pick up in fear. Mina catches onto her anxiety quickly.

"Don't worry. You're off the blacklist. there is nothing he can do to harm you."

Mina taps on his door, hearing a voice of approval from the other side, she swings open the door, dragging herself and Dae in the room before Dae could run away.

"Ah! Dae, I just spoke to Momo and Jackson about your detention. I can't say I'm not impressed with your speech. You touched the hearts of the two best interrogators."

"You used the best interrogators on me?" Dae questions slowly.

"Minus Jisung, yes."

"Who asked for the best?"

"Stray Kids personally asked for those 2."

Dae throws her hands up in anger. "Of fucking course they did! They really did want me dead didn't they!" She screamed.

"Or they wanted you proving yourself. Showing them and everyone else that you can overcome things, even if they definitely don't come easy."

Dae stayed silent, understanding where her boss was coming from.

"And also Dae," Dae's eyes lifted to meet his. "My trust in you has faltered, but I still think of you as a part of the JYPE family. And you're not going to rank down or impact any of your classes. Just know this is on your permanent record." Dae nodded her head in understanding. "Anyways! Why are you 2 in here?"