"I don't date old men" she replied evilly. All hopes are now gone on Loke's face. Gajeel snicker and give him a look of pity.

"Well, age is just a number. Plus, am pretty sure I'm far more handsome than Dracula himself" Loke confidently responded recovering from earlier rejection.

They all give him a look of disagreement and wondering when will be that one lucky girl to arrive so that she can put into order Loke's playboy antics and his overly self-adoration.

''Loke have you seen the others? I don't think I have seen them anywhere" Levy asked as curious as Lucy especially to that salmon haired boy whereabouts.

"I came here alone though. But Gray texted me that he will be late to arrive since there's an urgent matter he has to tend to. Earlier, I saw Laxus with the principal greeting the VIP guests. Then, Erza and Jellal are busy with their SSG duties and stuffs" Loke scoffed as he ended.

"Oh, I see..." Levy said with a little disappointment on her tone. Even Lucy can't blame her for feeling such a thing 'coz she herself thought that she can enjoy the night together with her newly found friends just like what they did back when they are at Akane resort. Maybe they share the same thought with Levy. She was about to ask further when the MC beat her for it.

"Good evening! Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to FTA Annual Homecoming Party Celebration! May you enjoy the rest of the evening with games, dancing and activities we prepare for you all! Expose yourself and have fun! Because tonight we will be free to do what we wanna do with no boundaries and limitation stopping us! So DJ, drop the beat!" the MC announced actively where it was replied by the students laud applause, whistles and shrieks.

Laud music then occupied the thin air. Fun and excitement are overflowing the atmosphere. Students going on with the beat of the music while others enjoyed themselves with the foods and booths prepared to be enjoyed. No one is being deprived if they are nerds, jocks or elites. Everyone is united with one goal in mind, to have fun. Lucy has never been before to a party like this. Everything is overwhelming for her. The last time she checked she was having fun was with Cobra and Milianna way way back then. For a split of second, she forgot her sad and cruel past and dreamed of having more memories like this. Memories that she can keep that will make her remember that life isn't all unfair but it can also be fun and exciting. She was so deep in her thoughts that she didn't notice Levy and Gajeel disappeared to have food.

"It looks like this is your first time huh'' Loke noticed.

"Yeah, it is. Actually, this is nice for a change" Lucy honestly said. Loke smiled.

"I know that we are living the opposite life of what you have raised to. I can't tell how worst you have gotten yourself into. But there's actually a lot of good things in life we yet to experience such as this. Sometimes you need to loosen up a bit to enjoy life as it is."

Lucy can't hide the honest smile forming on her lips. Everything's going so fine so far.

"I didn't think you have that smooth side of you Mr. Playboy" she complimented.

"Aish! This is actually my true nature! It is not my intention that my handsomeness always gets in the way and wins over people's heart." And the Playboy/Mr. Overconfident is back. Lucy rolled her eyes in amusement.

She wonders a look around her until her eyes landed to the pair of dancing couple at the center of the dancefloor. A knight and a princess in costume. They look so happy with each other's company. They're too good to look at through the perspective of other people but for her, it's too irritating.

"Wait, is that Natsu and Li—"

"Hey Loke, wanna grab some drink?" Lucy cut him off and walked away towards the juice bar area without waiting for a response.

"Lucy wait!''

Natsu once again cast a discrete look at Lucy's place but what she found was an empty space. He was disappointed. He wants to apologize for his cold actions on her and make things clear about them but it looks like fate is not on his side.

"What are you looking at Natsu?'' Lisanna questioned.

"Oh, It's nothing important" he reassured.

"Okay, if you say so" she replied smiling but beyond that smiling eyes of hers screams nothing but, she noticed everything.

BOYS. Do not LIE in front of a girl. 

There's no scarier thing than to break a girl's trusting heart. 

~sayonara

Scardy_lol.out