Chapter 13

A day passed. And then two. Three went by and I still hadn't spoken to Hayden about his confession.

It took me by complete surprise.

The boy who I once had feelings for finally reciprocated the same affection. Though, much too late.

And I pitied him.

Hayden knew I couldn't return the same feelings anymore and allowed me to leave his home without any awkward tension.

"It's useless now," Hayden told me. "I know that. So just keep being the great friend you are to me and we'll move on from here."

I hadn't known what to say back to him because anything I said would've revealed the pity I felt for him and he wouldn't like that. So, I just nodded my head and said a simple goodbye before I turned away, leaving him to wallow in his unfortunate thoughts.

I looked up into the sky and breathed out as a cloud of my breath became visible in the cold night as Drey and I waited for an Uber to bring us home.

"I said I wanted to see drama," Drey said. "But I didn't mean to that extent."

"I know," I said as the Uber pulled up.

Climbing into the seat, Drey turned to me and asked, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," I said. "I just feel horrible, you know. For keeping such a secret from him."

"I get that," Drey said and patted my shoulder. "At least he knows now. Let it go."

"I guess," I said and ran a hand through my hair.

"Cheer up, Jasp," Drey told me. "Things will work out. Cupid knows that for a fact."

"Thanks," I said and laughed. "We'll see about that."

———

The next day, I received a text from Xander early in the morning as I squinted at my phone, trying to read it as soon as I woke up.

He'd asked if I wanted to visit his home tonight because Hadlee missed me.

I highly doubted that and laughed at the text, sending one back that notified him I'd be there.

I looked forward to going to his house and spending time with him, especially after things have been shaky with Cason.

When I arrived around eight at night, he pulled the door open with a wide grin spread on his lips. I became entrapped in his beautiful emerald eyes and his eyes lowered to my lips.

"Hi," I said, smiling.

Xander's eyes never left my lips and I self-consciously swiped my tongue across them.

"Hey," he said, angling his head to mine.

A little figure pulled on his pants and he forced his eyes away from me and looked down at the girl.

He scooped her up into his arms with ease and she giggled, the sound making me grin at the pair. Xander led me into the kitchen where is aunt was busy cooking and placed Hadlee into her high chair. He went to his aunt's side and began helping her prepare dinner as I took a seat beside Hadlee.

"Hi," I said to her as her bright green eyes widened. She had her father's eyes, there was no doubt about that.

Xander snickered, knowing I was awkward around children and Hadlee smiled, revealing the few teeth she had.

Soon enough, dinner was ready and Xander and his aunt brought it over. It wasn't long until the front door opened again and a girl walked into the kitchen sporting a frown on her face. I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

I didn't know why she had a problem with me. She had no reason.

"Why's he here again?" Paisley groaned before taking a seat across from me.

"Paisley," Xander said slowly. "You don't have to be rude everytime you see him."

She huffed and began to fill her plate with food.

Once dinner ended, Paisley took Hadlee upstairs to bed after Xander asked her to. She had a bed in Paisley's room and one in Xander's so she'd spend the night with Paisley.

Poor girl.

Anyway, Xander led me upstairs to his bedroom and closed the door once we were both inside. He walked toward me as I continuously walked backward until the back of my legs hit his bed and I fell on it. Laying on my back, I looked up at Xander who grinned at me before lowering his waist onto mine, his hands by my head, holding him up.

I reached up and cupped his cheek as my thumb traced it and he brought his face closer to mine.

"Jasper," he said and I looked up into his eyes.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"You make me crazy."

I sucked in a breath and he brought his lips to my neck, softly trailing kisses until he reached my mouth.

I eagerly parted my lips and he kissed me slowly as I felt every inch of his body pressed against mine. He pulled softly on my lip before pushing his tongue against mine and I melted into him. But then I felt his waist begin to move against mine slowly and he kissed me with such passion that I let out a small moan. His pace quickened and I struggled to keep up  but I gave him everything I had as he was the only one in the world who mattered to me at the moment.

He pulled away for breath and my hands found their way to the back of his pants where I slipped them in, holding his ass. He raised an eyebrow and I smiled before he leaned in again, kissing me the way he had been and moved his hips as I held him. A deep moan escaped from the back of his throat before he spoke.

"Jasper," he said through kisses. "I can't stop."

I breathed heavily and was so much in the heat of the moment that I took a second to reply.

"Then don't."

———
lol lemme know what you think (,: