58 - BC.1

You ask, I deliver.

Here we are.. bonus chapter no.1.

WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD — Reuben and the dark.

• • •

"Doesn't it freak you out that you're gonna a be pushing a human out of you soon?"

With my eyes narrowed in utter disbelief and annoyance, Emily and I looked sideways to Quil. He was sat at the table with his chin resting in his hand and upon seeing my angry glare he shrugged his shoulders simply in response.

My husband widened his eyes somewhat at him, as if he was warning him to carry on.

I ignored my friend completely, returning my attention back to the plate of chocolate cake that rested on the top of my large stomach. The perks of Emily being the best cook there was, she made almost everything I was craving for me. I cut another piece of the cake away with the fork while I rubbed my bump in soothing circles with my other hand.

"You're such an idiot, Quil." Jared insulted with a low groan.

"I only asked a question."

I rolled my eyes.

"You know she's freaking out." I heard Paul seethe under his breath to his pack mate, "So stop trying to get her to talk about it."

"Seems like she's not the only one freaking out about bringing a child into the world." Quil mused.

"He's not the one pushing it out of his vagina, is he?" I shot, "I may be nine months pregnant Quil but that doesn't mean I won't try and put you on your ass."

I was due three days ago and with each passing day my anxiety about giving birth grew. It felt real now and with that it made me scared. I'm not sure why my child wanted to sit in my womb and I didn't care how cosy he or she was, I was not comfortable anymore.

"I'd pay to see that." Jacob quipped in amusement as he returned from the fridge with a slice of Emily's cake on a plate.

"Shouldn't you be with my niece?" I rounded on him.

"Yeah Jake, shouldn't you be with Renesmee?" Embry mocked.

Jake narrowed his eyes, "Where's Alia, huh?"

I growled in annoyance as they bickered like kids and from besides me Emily's eyes widened. She turned to the pack, "I think you guys should ease up." She suggested, "Sophia's growling again."

Quil laughed, "I know we're awesome and all Sophia but you don't have to growl to pretend—"

I turned quicker than I've ever moved in the past four months and launched my fork at him, throwing it without a second thought. I watched as he dived out of his chair sideways to avoid the kitchen utensil that would've hit him had he not moved.

The house was silent, everyone either looking at Quil's empty chair or me.

Slowly, he put his hands on the table and rose up from the floor, "That would've hit me!" He exasperated.

"She told you to shut up." Paul told him, still in his seat, "You should've listened."

"I didn't think she'd throw a fork at me." He argued, sitting back down.

"You brought it upon yourself Ateara." I told him. I inched forwards on the sofa and used my free hand to push myself up.

"Whoa, Soph where you going?" Jake asked me quickly.