Chapter 8: Klaus vs Neil, the 2nd gym battle

Cypress forest
The redhead ninja threw what seemed like a disk at Neil. Neil quickly caught it in his right hand. "Nice catch professor, that's a gift from my master" the ninja said. " Who's this master of yours?" Neil asked. "You'll have to find out on your own" the ninja replied as he vanished from sight. Neil kept the disk in his research pack and placed a hand on his face "The kinds of people I meet..." Neil sighed as he continued to Fescue city.
Fescue City
After a trek through the forest, Neil made it to Fescue city. He thought about seeing how the delta lab was, but voted against it as it would bring back bad memories. Neil found the pokemon gym and looked at the sign.
Fescue gym
Leader: Klaus
Speciality: normal
"So this is a normal type gym huh?, better keep Combusken as my ace then" Neil said to himself. Since fighting types are strong against normal types
Fescue gym
Neil entered the gym and was greeted by 3 cool trainers, a guy and two girls, the guy had blonde hair wearing a yellow track suit, while the girls had similar tracksuits on but we're both redheads.
"Welcome Challenger my name is Matthew and theses 2 lovely ladies are Kanna and Kate(Kanna's hair was longer than Kate's who's was neck length, we 3 will be quizing you on some topics are you ready" Matthew asked. "Is this really necessary for the gym challenge?" Neil asked tired of the conversation. Kanna came forward and said "Yep Mr Klaus is a busy man, he wouldn't like dumb trainers challenging him and losing horribly". "Yah that's right, this makes mr Klaus the nicest man in the world" Kate added. (It seems these guy really like Klaus huh? No way around it, I'd better just take the quiz) Neil thought as he looked annoyed.
"First question!" Kanna energetically shouted. "What Pokemon move exceeds base power of 400?" She asked. Neil being a professor had studied moves as well so this was an easy win. "Rollout" Neil said and calmly. "Wow that's correct good job move tow...." Before she finished Neil had already moved passed her and made his way to Kate. "Don't ignore me!" Kanna shouted.
"Second question" Kate said, " between these 2 Pokemon which has better special defense shuckle or regirock. (Both are rock types but one's a legendary hmmm) Neil thought to himself. "The answer's shuckle" Neil said. "Heh you got it, I was sure you would go for the legendary boooo" Kate said a little sad.
Finally Neil made it to the finals.
"Well well well you made it congrats..." Matthew was praising Neil but was cut off. "Just give me the quiz already am tired of this" Neil said angrily. "Pfft your no fun" Matthew said. "Third question!" He said happily. Which move can only be learnt by one Pokemon... Chatter, Blue flare or splash" Matthew said. "Chatter" Neil said fastly remembering his neighbor had a chatot who used chatter a lot. "Correctttttt! Mr Klaus awaits you in the next room" Matthew announced.
Neil walked up to the door and opened it. Inside was Klaus counted pokken(Pokemon money) notes. Klaus turned around and got a good look at Neil. "Hey aren't you that delta brat?" Klaus asked. (I haven't had someone call me brat in while, still annoying) Neil thought with a vein pooping out of his forehead. "Am not part of team delta anymore" Neil answered him. "You quit? Meh I don't care! I'll regard you as a Challenger come at me bro!" Klaus said energetically. Matthew came to be the referee while Kate and Kanna watched from the side lines. "Kick his butt Mr Klaus" the 2 girls cheered. Neil ignored them and got into battle position.
"Battle start!" Matthew yelled. "Litleo I choose you!" Klaus shouted and threw a pokeball into the air. A lion cub came out from the ball and Neil analyzed it with his Pokedex
Litleo the lion cub Pokemon
A fire and normal type
When it faces stronger foes, it's tiny main is set ablaze.
(So it's a fire type too, change of plans) "Combusken go!" Neil set out his ace. The kung fu chicken came out kicking at the air. "Huh Neil I'll be using 3 Pokemon, you can only use 3 of yours too so I think it's a bad idea to start with this tough one" Klaus advised. "Your so kind Mr Klaus!" The 2 girls said lovingly. "Pfft, I don't need that from you. Am sure your strategy was to inflict the burn status on my Pokemon, however since my Combusken is a fire type too that plan has been distorted!" Neil shouted as he pointed at Klaus. "I guess Kasper was right about you, your damn smart for an amateur trainer" Klaus admitted. "Curse you Neil!!" The 2 girls cursed.
Round 1
" Litleo, headbutt!" Klaus ordered. "Combusken, block it" Neil countered. "Littttt!" The cub slammed it's head against Combusken but she blocked it by crossing her arms. "Double kick go!" Neil shouted and the chicken answered. "Buskeeeen!" She yelled as she landed 2 super effective hits on the lion cub. Litleo was pushed to the side and was about to faint. "Hold on litleo we can still do some damage, use bite!" Klaus said. "Litttt!" Litleo charged ready to bite the chicken. Then all of a sudden the speed boost aura arose from Combusken making her faster. "Dodge it Combusken!" Neil yelled. And with her enhanced speed dodged the attack, seeing an opportunity to strike Combusken slashed at litleo with her claws 'slashhhhh!'. "Littttt!" Litleo screamed as Combusken attacked and was knocked out. "Litleo is unable to battle, the challenger Neil wins this round" Matthew said disdainfully and the girls weren't happy as well. Klaus recalled Litleo and thanked it for the effort. "So I guess you'll sweep my team with your ace huh?" Klaus asked, as he said this Neil recalled Combusken as well much to it's displeasure. "Klaus by now you should know am not giving you any hints into what am up to" Neil smiled as he said this.
"Round 2"
"Espurr let's go!" Neil sent out his starter the esper cat. "Persian show em your claw!" Klaus sent out a much bigger cat the size of a puma, it was light brown in complexion with a red gem on it's forehead. Neil knew this a pure normal type but he still had to be careful. "Battle start" Matthew said
"Persian, fury swipes" Klaus ordered and Persian how and clawed at Espurr. "Espurr dodge it then use psybeam" Neil countered. Espurr managed to dodge the claws of Persian then moved back and fired a beam of purple energy. "Persian, power gem!" The cat shot a red gemstone beam at Espurr and both Pokemon were hit. (Damn this won't easy) Neil thought. "Power gem Again Persian!" Klaus shouted. "Block it with psychic, Espurr!" Neil commanded. Espurr caught the gemstone beam in her psychic field and launched it away. "Persian show them our secret weapon shock wave!" Klaus shouted. "Perrrrrsian!" Persian screamed as it launched a flurry of electricity at Espurr in hopes of paralysing her. "Espurr!" Neil shouted as his cat was covered in electrical current. Klaus repaired his hat position and said, "Kid you might know what am aiming for but I can still dish out the plan easily". "Oh is that so?" Neil retorted. "What!" Klaus said surprised. Espurr had saved herself from paralysis by using a purple electric forcefield. "You see Klaus an unwanted ninja happened to give me TM thunderbolt, so I decided to use it but heck I didn't know I'd need it for this situation" Neil said still baffled by the Ninja's unwanted help he had received. "Now Espurr finish this! Thunderbolt!" Neil ordered. "Counter with shock wave Persian!" The two cats launched electrical attacks at each other but Espurr's enhanced special attack was used to her advantage. Persian was swallowed up by Espurr's purple thunderbolt, Persian fell to the ground after being shocked. "Persian is unable to battle, Challenger Neil wins round 2" Matthew said and again the girls were upset.
Neil needed to win the next round to get the badge. "Ok Espurr that was a good run come back now" Neil ordered but Espurr refuse, "master hasn't used Espurr for so long let me prove myself!" Espurr said telepathically. Neil seeing his starter feeling useless after being replaced by Combusken as his ace. "Ok Espurr I trust you let's do this!" Neil stood with his Pokemon as Klaus was bringing out his last resort.
Round 3
"Go Heliolisk!" Klaus said throwing his pokeball, a big black lizard appeared with some yellow linings looking like an electric type. Neil brought out his Pokedex
Heliolisk
the generator Pokemon a normal and electric type
This Pokemon uses the it's neck frills to generate electricity that can power buildings.
Seeing this Neil was confident he could take on electric moves "Espurr go use psybeam!" Neil ordered and Espurr fired a psychic beam at the lizard. "Heliolisk, dragon tail!" Klaus shouted, and within a second Heliolisk made it's way past Espurr. "What?" Neil was once again caught of guard. "Essssss!!" Espurr cried as Heliolisk stabbed it's green glowing tail into her stomach sending it flying. Dragon tail's effect was to send out another of the opponent's Pokemon but it was so powerful it defeated Espurr on the spot. "Espurr!" Neil held his defeated Pokemon in his hand. "Am... sorry.... Master..." Espurr managed to say before fainting. "Espurr is unable to battle, the winner of the round is Mr Klaus!" Matthew said with energy. "Yay Mr Klaus!" Kanna and Kate both said in unison. "Did I scare you there kid" Klaus asked smiling. Neil didn't comment instead he returned Espurr to her pokeball and took out Combusken's.
Round 4
"Combusken I choose you!" Neil said as he sent out Combusken. "Combus!!"
Said the chicken with rage in it's voice. (We'll definitely win this for Espurr!) Neil thought to himself. "Heliolisk, dragon claw!" Klaus shouted. "Heliiiiio" Heliolisk cried as it charged with green glowing claws. "Combusken block it" Neil ordered. Combusken crossed her hands and blocked the blow. Attack after attack Combusken stood her ground. "What are you giving up? Aren't you going to attack?" Klaus asked. "Like hell I'll tell you my plan!" Neil retorted. "Fine Heliolisk, thunder!" Klaus screamed. Heliolisk frills stood out looking like a satellite dish, as it prepared it's electric attack. "Flamethrower!" As Neil said this, like a Cannon Combusken fired a stream of fire at the lizard, before it could move. "Heliolisk" Klaus said in distress. Neil smiled (I was buying time for speed boost to take effect at least 3 times, using the distraction of Klaus act to stare him off my plan) Neil thought. "Now Combusken, flamethrower again!" Neil shouted. This time Klaus had to counter it. "Heliolisk, agility!" Klaus ordered. Heliolisk dodged the attack this time increasing it's speed. "Combusken, flamethrower" Neil commanded. "Heliolisk, thunder" Klaus ordered. The chicken was hit with a powerful electric attack while the lizard was burnt up by engulfing flames.
At the end of the match Combusken was the only Pokemon standing as her flamethrower did more damage to Heliolisk, then thunder did her.
"Heliolisk is unable to battle, Mr Klaus has no remaining Pokemon therefore the winner of the match is Challenger Neil!"
With that another victory goes to Neil, it's well deserved since his a genius anyway. This victory we'll push him further along his journey. Catch that next time!.