Chapter 20: Trevor's test

Corrina looked at Neil blankly, the water from the pool laid on her body stagnant.
"Huh? Why are still here?" She said almost lifeless.

(Oh shit! I broke her!) Neil panicked.
"Um, Corrina my badge?" He asked nicely.

"Oh sorry, I almost forgot it, the badge!" Corrina hands the badge to Neil, "This is the spiral badge it increases the defenses of all of pokemon as well as allowing your pokemon to use Surf, and here's a gift from me TM18 rain dance, you want anything else?" She said in a bossy tone.

"Nope, that's plenty, thanks Corrina" Neil expresses his gratitude and bows.

"You really are a genius, no wonder I lost to you, but I won't give up, I'll beat you someday" Corrina winked at him as he headed out of the gym.

As soon as he stepped outside of the gym, his phone rang out, this was Amala calling him.
"Hey Neil, remember we're supposed to meet up in the sunlight Inn, also I've got something for you, something that could help your project".

Motivated, Neil rushes into the Inn south of the gym and meets his colleague sitting on one of the chairs listening to the news.

«The Cyenn region's first champion has been crowned, before this there wasn't even a pokemon league here, but hopefully this is the first step to development»

Neil greets Amala and the two begin discussing.
"Congrats on your fifth gym badge, as a gift here take this map" the blue-haired woman hands over a dusty old map to Neil.

"Thanks. This map... It's pretty banged up, where you get it" The guy said trying not to sound ungrateful.

"My researchers at the Covelite ruins found it inside that mural we looked at, it has something to do with the secrets of mega evolution, but it's quite damaged".

"Hmmm, I see, well I'll have sort that out later on my journey". Neil said as he put the map in his bag.

"I'm sure you can, you're a genius after all, also take this HM, it's surf it should allow your aquatic pokemon to swim you across bodies of water " Amala sited.

After a few more exchanges Neil left Amala to rest a bit in the inn and headed to oleander city for his 6 gym badge, he felt the need to wrap up his gym challenges as fast as possible now.

North of the beach Neil managed to catch a water type star fish Pokemon that carried him from the Carragreen path to the vlva path and then when the sun was about to set, he stopped his sea voyage at the quiet town of Purslane village.

Purslane village

The town was big with numerous story buildings around, however the people seemed scarce and peaceful, however a few individuals were acting odd, wearing white clothes and dark sunglasses while moving around secretly.

Neil spoke to a few individuals here and learn that a few years ago a trainer by the name Leon stopped an organization by the name of "Dark workers" from taking over but a few members are still around observing.

The next day Neil continues on his journey l, going through the Hyacinth path which to no surprise, had a bunch of hyacinth flowers around, the scent of the flowers made Neil smile as it was a pleasant scent.

Before long a familiar face came into Neil line of vision.

(Ugh, it's him), as the scientist wantedto take a path across the individual, the person in question rushes towards Neil at full speed.

"Hey professor! Remember me! It's Trevor! The prosecutor gave me back my original Pokemon to use, so now I want to test if you're strong enough to face the shady!" The loud detective said.