Chapter 35 - One Last Gift

1524 CE

Third person pov-

Tearing her eyes from her experimentation on the shiny chunks on her desk, she looks to her companion.

"Peach, I have a task for you."

"Yes, Red?"

"I want you to deliver three painites White, Blue and Yellow respectively. Tell them how proud of them I am and the rarity of each. Afterall, there are only twelve painites in circulation."

"Of course, right away!"
The Peach gem smiles, knowing this is her Diamond's way of letting her out to roam the halls and possibly spend time with her peridot as well as get some jobs done. Peach Pearl was often sent out (per her own request usually,) to complete "tasks" for Red Diamond. Sometimes she'd be sent for a small errand before spending the next few hours with Dot, or until Red called her back.

Red giggles in amusement, "eager as always, huh? Don't worry, you'll get plenty of time with Dot afterwards. You two are very cute together, you know."

Peach Pearl's cheeks darken a few shades in embarrassment, although it'd be a big lie if she were to disagree with what her Diamond had stated. She too believed her and Peridot were quite the couple, although she'd never say that to the green gem's face, she'd be far too embarrassed.

The diamond line comes to life, signaling a call coming through in which Red takes no time to answer.

"My Diamond," the relatively newly formed agate salutes.
"The painites you have requested have arrived."

"Bring them in, I want to see them before I give them to their new diamonds."

"Yes, my diamond!" The call cuts out as the doors slide open, revealing the group of ten, nine fast, tall and agile archers following behind the agate that had just ended the call.

"Agate, you are dismissed, thank you."

"Your very welcome, your clarity - although your presence alone is enough of a thank you-"

Sighing, Red gets out of her chair before pushing the blue gem out of the room and closing the door. Agates tended to be complete suck ups, but they were good at their jobs.

"Painite facet 4 cut 3BD through to facet 12 cut 2AC, you are going to be given away. From the point in which I assign your new leader, I will no longer be your diamond."