Author's Note

Hey ya'll!

I decided that instead of writing author's notes at the beginning of every chapter, I'm just gonna do one big one here instead.

First off, thank you so much for clicking on my story! Lights, Camera, Scandal is a passion project of mine, and I hope you enjoy it. Feedback is always welcome, so please comment.

Please vote.

Please follow.

Please tell other people about the story.

UPLOAD SCHEDULE:

I upload once a week, usually on Sundays. If I have more time I'll upload more often. I'm a senior in college. I work two part time jobs. And I need to do human things like eat and sleep and shower and - you get the idea. I don't want to post half assed, badly written chapters just for the sake of posting. I want to give you guys the best content that I can.

CHARACTERS:

Sahr and Zain are Pakistani Muslim Americans. It says so in the book. So why am I about to launch into a whole rant about it?

Good question! Here's why:

Representation is a big part of why I'm writing this book. I want to see more Pakistani Muslim Americans represented in media, and Sahr and Zain are my way of contributing to that. That being said, they don't represent all Pakistani Muslim Americans.

Why not?

Because there are an estimated 212+ million Pakistanis in the world, there are 1.8 billion Muslims in the world, and there are an estimated 329.45 million Americans in the world.

Two characters cannot represent them all

Asking an author to make their characters represent that many people is frankly, ridiculous. And yet I see readers do it all the time.

Any time there's a book with even the slightest hint of diversity in it, readers tend to react in one of three ways.

1) Cool it's a book. I'm gonna read it.

These readers are neutral on the diversity. They don't bother me at all. They just chill and read. I like these readers.

2) DIVERSITY!!! YAAAYYYYY!!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, SOOOOO MUCH FOR MAKING DIVERSE CHARACTERS! I CAN'T WAIT TO READ THIS!!

These readers like the diversity. They're thankful for it. Usually its cause they've finally come across a book that represents them, and we all know how good it feels to be represented. These readers make my heart swell. They're like me. They just wanna see someone who looks like them in the media. I write for these readers, and it makes me immensely happy to see them happy. I love ya'll.

3) You're representing xyz wrong! Why didn't you make xyz like this? Xyz should blah blah blah.

These readers.