Chapter 8

Chapter 8

After school, I watched Jackson hop into his limo. I seriously felt like a major creep, hiding behind the bushes with my camera phone. I took a stick out of my hair and threw it over the shoulder. 

"What the hell?" Screamed a guy. I turned quietly to see Mason frantically looking around for the stick throw-er. I turned back just in time to see Jackson's limo drive past the gates. Hopefully, I would be able to catch up to him. 

I emerged from the bushes, standing upright and stretching my limbs. It's hard being tall and squatting in a bush. 

"AHHH!" I peered at the foot of the bush and saw a brown haired guy with crooked glasses. 

"Sorry." I apologized before jumping over him and running to my car. 

***

I parked two blocks away from the warehouse blasting loud upbeat music with heavy bass.

"Turn down for what!" I shouted along, enjoying being a teenager for once. 

As I walked closer I heard screaming fans and boys shouting "fight, fight, fight". The level of testosterone is way too high here.

I entered what seems to be backstage. Searching for the fighters. Jackson Lee, where are you? 

Holding tightly to my phone I took a picture of the door labelled Jackson Lee aka Lee Roy. I'm guessing Lee Roy is the fighter's name.

I opened the door slightly, peeking inside. No seems to be in here. I sat on the white coach, waiting.

"Who the hell are you?" This random dude shouted.

"Who the hell are you?" I shouted back.

"You tell me. You're the one in MY changing room."

"No, I’m not. I'm in Jackson Lee 's room." I clarified.  

"D - don't tell me. You're. .. one of them teachers from that prestigious school." He shook as he pointed his large finger to me.

"Do I even look old enough to be a teacher?"

"I don't know. Just don't ever come back here. You hear me?"

"What do you mean don't come here?"

"No one can know." He mumbled to himself.

"Um... what did you say?"

“No one can know. No one can know.” He mumbled and paced around the room.

“Are you Lee Roy?” I took a wild guess.

“Yes and who are you?”

“Sage Clark. I don’t go to the prestigious school.”

“You lying?” He questioned me.

“Do you want to see the car I drove in? I think that can prove my wealth.”

“Alright. I’ll just take your word.”

After a few minutes of awkward silence I asked,

“Why are you pretending to be Jackson or Jackson is pretending to be you?”

“Caught on huh.” He smiled, “He will be so frickin’ pissed. I don’t know if I can even tell you, man. Sorry but I ain’t no snitch.”

“It’s cool. I’ll probably confront him then, tomorrow.”

“Like what after school?”

“Yea...”

“You friends with him or something?” Lee Roy stood up, towering over me. He looked so angry.

“Um… yea, I guess.” I slowly stood up.

“He’s your friend? He ain’t your friend. You poor, dude.”

“Wait, what?”

“He ain’t no friend to some poor dude alright?”

“Aren’t you friends with him?” I asked.

“Friends… nah. Not anymore. Just get outta here. Go. I don’t have anything more to say to you.” He shoo-ed me away.

That was odd and slightly weird. Who was Jackson Lee? And where the hell was he?

I ran back to my car and booted up my laptop. Jackson Lee, you are about to take a little visit. I contemplated on whom he should have a visit from, Sage Clark or Victoria Martin.

Oh my gosh, this felt so exciting. I’m like a detective, unravelling clues.

Deciding Victoria was a better option, I took off my wig, drove to Vic’s house, swapped cars and then drove to his place.

I would say I was impressed by his house but I wasn’t. I mean, compared to Victoria, that family has nothing. Sure it had a very modern feel to it with its block shape exterior and funky stone pathway but it just smelt new. Not in a literal sense of course but in, figurative sense. Did I use that word correctly? I should have paid more attention to English.

Focus, Sage. My little voice in my head said. Speaking of little voices, the voice in my head is not my own voice. Oh my god, who is it? Who’s voice is inside my head right now. I am sort of freaking out. What happens if someone has my voice in their head? I feel so sorry for that person if they do.

FOCUS, SAGE. My not so little voice screamed. She is right. Focus. I can do this. I can jump over this gate. Dang it, I should have brought meat just in case there is a dog. Okay, I am going back to the shops. Oh look at the time, too late. Have to do this tomorrow.

Don’t be a chicken. I’m not being a chicken, I have watched enough movies and shows to know that I need to bring in meat. Do you even hear a dog? No. Then there is no dog.

Sometimes, I hate being smart. Spy-smart. Not smart-smart. Like I’m not smart at English but I’m smart at being a spy? Oh my god. I have gone crazy, who am I even trying to justify. Myself? This job is making me crazy.

If I ever get caught I’ll be put in the psyc ward. I watched Orange is the New Black and they explained how bad it is. Even worse than SHU. Oh my god. Oh my god.

Hurry up! Okay. Okay. Take deep breaths and run. Grab hold of the ledge there. Okay got it. Pull my leg over and ow, ow, ow. I tipped over and landed right on my head. I did not ask for enough money. I’m going to get brain damage!

Okay, Jackson. Here I come.

Crap. What room was he in? I sneaked around the house, good thing someone in this place likes sculptures, it was easy to hide behind them. Well, it wasn’t too hard to find his room. It was the only one with a light open. I mean unless his parents were late sleepers. Thank goodness he was the only child. Imaging showing up to his brother or sister’s room. That would be hilarious. I ran up and climbed onto the wall.

Move over, spiderman. I got this.

Nope, don’t have it. I... fell back down. That was probably expected.

I turned around and cursed. I’m an idiot. There was a tree next to the window. You know, I love it when things are so conveniently placed. I mean, I never got a tree next to my window. Well, I did live on the first floor. Not like I needed any or that anyone came to visit me. 

I shook my head, gathered stones and climbed the tree. Making sure I wouldn’t fall out of the tree, I checked if it really was Jackson Lee.

It is.

And is he watching? Oh my god, he is a brony?

I quickly filmed him then threw a stone at the window. Jackson jumped up from his chair and saw me waving at him. I flashed my phone, indicating I filmed him.

He walked over and opened the window, he looked so worried. But like the gentleman he was, he helped me through the window.

“How’s the show?” I asked.

He stared at me dumfounded.

“My Little Pony?”