Chapter 2

“I am going to do what?” I screamed.

Making sure I wasn’t going to attack them anymore, they had set me down and stuffed my face with an assortment of cakes and tea.

Well, more like they offered to give me something to eat and presented me with a fucking buffet. Being the very respectable women I am, I ignored the small plate and teenie fork and used my bare hands eating every dish in sight. Occasionally slurping my tea, very loudly.

“I know it is a lot to handle but I am sure you can do it.” I had to hand it to Victoria, that girl can pull the best poker face but I am one of the best lie detectors. I could see how hard she was trying to hide her disgust. Bits of cake flew from my mouth as I talked,

“I am so-not going to be you.” I mumbled, my cheeks bursting with cake.

“If she does agree, we may need to teach her manners,” whispered her side kick.

“Heard that,” I swallowed, reaching for a slice of lemon cake. “Tell the chef, thanks. These are actually really good.”

“There will be more if you agree,” Bribed the poker face.

“No thanks.” I patted my stomach. “Nice meeting you, million dollar baby.” I purposely licked my fingers with as much saliva my mouth could accumulate. Flicking some to the butler.

“It is actually billion dollar baby.” Corrected Victoria.

“Don’t care,” I waved them off and stood up. “Can I go now?”

“Wait…” Victoria pushed me back down to the soft velvet chair. “Would you do it if I gave you 5 million dollars?” My ears perked up at the sound of money. 

“Make it 10 and you just got yourself a deal,” I gambled my way through. Hey, if I ended up going to jail for impersonation or whatever. Might as well get some bail money while I'm at it.

“Deal.” She took out her hand and I did the same. Our handshake was tight and I was pretty sure my hands were full of sweat and saliva. Oh well.

***

I glanced at the file they had left me with. Victoria Martin, daughter of the billion dollar company, Martin Industries, selling everything from stationary to house appliances to cars and tanks. They even opened up another branch selling technology used for outer space.

I flipped the page and glanced at the many awards she had one. Best dressed, best dressed, worst dressed, best dressed again and another one and another one, she won best dressed a lot. Then again, she was a well known model.

I flipped again and read something more interesting. Dated co-worker Francisco Lachowski, already knew that. Had a fling with Beau Brooks from the Janoskians and Taylor Lautner. And Liam Hemsworth. Nice.

The list of guys she had flings with were impressive.

“Don’t believe anything on that page.” Victoria walked in, carrying a tray full of McDonalds.

“Really?” My eyes opened wide at the sight of heaven. "Why not?"

“Just media making shit up,” she took a big bite into the big mac, dropping bits of lettuce onto the box. “What?” She said, her mouth full of fatty burger.

“Didn’t think ‘Victoria’ would eat McDonalds, let alone like that.” I pointed to her bizarre appearance. It wasn’t every day you saw a rich, beautiful women indulging with dollar burgers like an animal.

“This is me at home. Away from prying eyes.” Sipping her large coke.

I glanced at my meal and joined her, laughing at the stories of the ‘boys’ she had flings with.

“Me and Francisco had to pretend to date just for publicity. The look on our manager’s face when we told the interviewer we had broken up was hilarious. As much as I loved spending time with him, dating him was clearly not working out. They had written a script about what we would say and we blew it,” she laughed too hard and too forced.

“You don’t have many friends do you?” I pointed out. Quickly biting the insides of my cheek. I tend to say whatever comes out of my head and I figured she wouldn't be one to mess with.

“Nope,” she wiped the tears from her eyes, eating another salt covered chip.

“Why do you want me to pretend to be you? In school. Which is the perfect time to make friends.”

“There are things I need to do, away from school and there are things I need to do in school as well. Just stick to the plan. No more questions, I am paying you remember.”

Another wall shot up, crushing parts of me. She was clearly bipolar, laughing with me and then next minute, shutting me out.

“I remember,” I whispered quietly. Before reading her file, she and her butler who also had a degree in law, pulled out a contract. I had demanded that I would get paid every term. 2 million upfront and 2 million after every term. However, if I didn’t finish the deed then I would have to give back my money, which was risky but I needed money pronto.

Just a week before I was dumped on the doorstep, one of my two jobs fired me. I didn’t even know why, I was working so hard. Apparently, she didn’t want to stress me out in my final year of schooling.

Bullshit.

“I am leaving tonight, I can change my appearance myself but my butler would give you a makeover, teach you a few of my habits and then you are in.” She stood up and just left me. A part of me felt like I had lost a friend but friends didn’t exactly pay you and rubbed it into your face if you ask too much. I don’t even remember introducing myself to her, I didn’t think she cared. Just using me for my body. Sound sexy.

“Hello,” I wiped my tomato lips and sticky hands and stood up and approached the butler and asked, “What is your real name?”

“John.” He smiled.

“Just John, nothing fancy or different. Just a John.”

“I am just a John.”

“Okay, just a John. Make me look like your boss.” I was ready.

“Oh, you don’t want me to make you look like your boss,” he laughed.

“What do you mean?” My eyebrows furrowed, “Didn’t you want me to look like Victoria?”

“Yes, I do. But she isn’t my boss.”

“Really? But… her dad wouldn’t put her up to do this, right?”

“Of course not. However, even if Mr. Martin is my boss but my loyalty lies within Miss Martin.”

“Loyalty, huh? That must be niceOk, whatever. Just make me look like her.”

“With pleasure.”