Chapter 4

“I can do this,” I reassured myself. Parking my white trash of a car next to the expensive mansion did little to my self esteem. Glaring at the large difference of money, I walked over to my new silver car.

I peeked through the dark tinted windows, and saw leather seats and an impressive stereo. All I had was a broken radio, not bothering to fix it. It was hard enough trying to find my car, let alone pay for a mechanic. I didn’t want to use the 2 mill again.

John handed me the keys, eyeing me up and down. Again. He is such a creep.

“Very good, Victoria.” He said and walked over to his own car, a Cadillac. I guess a Mercedes was too ordinary; they had to get the president’s car. 

I opened my door into the smell of a new car, I had only experienced this once - my ex’s car. But this new car was different, it smelt expensive. Imagine that! Expensive stuff have different smells of air around it.

I revved the car up - loving the beautiful monster sound. I already memorized each suitable location, making sure I knew the long and short way and those in between.

The iron gate appeared in no time and drove right though it, passing the Welcome to Skyland High School sign. I glanced left and right, staring at the students. Heels, knee length socks, plaid short skirts, neat white blouse and a cute bow tie. Boys - grey pants or shorts, black shiny shoes, white collared top and a tie.

So organised and proper. Unlike my old school  - skimpy club clothing or jeans and a top. The way they stood was different as well - upright, head above anyone else's, not looking down on anybody.

I scanned the area, picking up anything normal and abnormal. The norm would be the way they laughed, covering their mouths with their hands like they are at some high tea. The boys would punch each other softly and tackling each other. 

But the most abnormal thing that was so obvious it was hard to spot, was the perfection of it all. Where were the bullies? The RATS?  Was there even any rock out of place in this enormous school?

I tried Google mapping this place, but it looked like this was clearly an out of bounds area. I had parked myself in the corner, away from the entrance. Not that I didn't mind walking the length - I did. This carpark was way too big to even be legal!But I felt out of place like a pink spot on a cow.

Oh wait.  Cows do have pink spot - their udders. God dammit. I suck at making up smilies.

Ignoring the whispers around me, I passed a few giggling girls and heard them call out my name. Knowing what Victoria would do, I ignored them completely.

I was hypnotized by the green grass, wondering if it was fake. It was so perfect. Where were the weeds? The small sandy spot?

Twirling myself in a 360 degree manner, I observed my surroundings. Scoffing at the perfection.

I needed a new word but there was no way I could describe it with any other adjectives. I couldn’t help but compare the perfect alignment of bricks with my shitty high school. Mine had mold growing, this had ivy vines.

Thinking about my school, I realized I probably may have looked like an idiot. Not physically. I hope.

My ex is probably thinking about how bad he had hurt my heart, making me move schools and all that shit. Well, screw him. I would be getting 10 million, enough to cover my mum’s hospital fees and maybe a few extra million to pay for part of my tuition. And he would be getting AIDS/HIV. 

“O.M.G, it is Victoria.” She spelled out, interrupting my thoughts. Clearly she was the Queen B and like all schools, there was always one.

I glanced at her up and down, eyeing her Burberry bag and Chanel shoes. Her blonde locks dangled past her waist, her eyes were coated with black mascara enhancing the deep sea iris.