Chapter 63 💛

3:39 am

Toni's POV

I woke up to my phone buzzing. It was buried somewhere under my covers and I shuffled around to find them. I then reached under my blanket and answered the call.

"Toni" said Cheryl in a scared voice. I could tell she was scared, and I knew I'd have to remain calm and not freak her out.

"What's wrong babe?" I asked as I quietly ate some chips as I waited for her response. "I fell out of bed in my sleep and hit my head... and it triggered a memory I had with my mom."

"Does your head still hurt?"

"Kind of, but I'm just shaken up. I didn't really know what else to do" she said. "Sorry if I woke you up."

"No, no babe it's totally fine. You can wake me up whenever you want if it means you'll be okay. Do you wanna talk about it?"

She sniffled and said "No I just miss you around these times."

"Babe, I will drive around the whole world 10000 times for you so going from Southside to northside is nothing if you want to cuddle" I said. Although it'd mean I have to get out of bed, I would do anything to see her smile.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. I'll go through the window it's fine" I said.
____________________________

[Veronica 🔥]: I see you on the snap map aNtOiNeTtE. Going to Cheryl's house for a satanic 3 am quickie?

[Toni ⭐️]: most likely?

[Veronica 🔥]: Hm okay well have fun
___________________________

3:45 am

I finally got to the Cooper's house. I parked my motorcycle a few blocks down the road so no one would hear me, and climbed up the roof, then tapped on the window in the guest room.

She opened the window quickly and as soon as I got in, she pulled me down on the floor and hugged me tightly. "Do you wanna cuddle on the bed?"

She shook her head. Cheryl had her hair in 2 adorable messy braids, and stayed quiet- breathing shakily but stayed quiet for a while.

I yawned and she had that adorable but guilty pout on her face. She sighed and I said "No, don't do that and don't say it."

"You really didn't have to come here Toni-"

"Cheryl it's fine. I'm not that tired and don't worry about me. You have such a big heart, but please don't concern yourself so much. Especially when you should be taking better care of yourself."

"Sorry" she said softly. I kissed her head and she gave me such a golden smile and I said "Don't say sorry."

She was wearing shorts as pajamas, which was unusual for her, but when I took a close look at her legs, I saw scars Betty could've been referring to.

They were faint and you had to look hard but noticeable. I knew not to say anything, so I played with her hair and slowly undid her braids.

Her eyes were closed, and I could hear her quiet breathing. She had fallen asleep. I smiled at her, picked her up and tucked her into bed.

That was when I realized that the trip would be tomorrow, and I was starting to feel sick. There was no fucking way I'd ruin this for Cheryl.

I crawled out the window feeling like shit, walked to my motorcycle and started heading home. I started feeling dizzy so I pulled over at a street, and started walking god knows where.

My vision started getting blurry and then I passed out.
____________________________

Veronica's POV

I was walking down the street looking for that damned Christopher who had run away the THIRD TIME this day. I found him stuck in a trash can and picked him up.

I was a few blocks away from the apartment, who knows how early it was but I saw a small rat like person passed out in the middle of the sidewalk.

"Toni. Toni wake the fuck up" I said. She groaned and I said "Did you take something or what?" as I pulled her off the ground.

"No I'm just- I'm just a little under the weather it's fine" she said as she staggered backwards. I held Christopher in my arm as he squirmed and I said "Ahaha, no it's not fine. I'm calling Andre so he can pick us up."

When Andre arrived, he helped Toni into the car. It was weird because I felt bad. Sympathy isn't really my feeling. I'm probably just high.

We arrived at the Pembrooke where I had to help Toni walk up the stairs. I mean, what the fuck I shouldn't have had to do it someone else should've. Life is so hard.

I quietly opened the door and led Toni into my room while I pulled a mattress out from under my bed and tossed some blankets at her. I gave her some melatonin, and her face was redder than Cheryl's hair and lipstick combined.

I touched her forehead and said "Jesus Toni your forehead is almost as hot as my girlfriend." She chuckled and said "Why did you say that in such a fuckboy way ew.."

"Oh get your ass to sleep already."