Widowmaker• Flu Season

Requested by: @NOCTURNA2299
(SFW)

     Amélie Lacroix. A once warm and gentle woman who's life was stripped away from her and painted gray. She was used for a mere experiment for the gain of others and the inconvenience of herself. Every part of it, every side effect and thought was, in a way, a disadvantage.
     Her heartbeat was slower than that of a normal person, her skin was cold compared to the usual body temperature of around ninety-seven degrees and her emotions became numb. She felt nothing. Emotionally at least. Physically was still fair game however. Cut her and she would still bleed all the same. Punch her and she would bruise.
     With the adjustments made to her body, her immune system was weakened. It was true that she couldn't feel cold, but that didn't mean it wasn't there. When cold and flu season went around, she was affected just like everyone else, it was just harder for her to get over it, she also seemed to get sick quicker.
     As her girlfriend, you took it upon yourself to help her to feel better. Neither of you liked having to take her to see Moira whenever she felt ill, so you took the time to research and learn about home treatments and remedies.
The weather was starting to change back and forth, non consistently and Amélie had been sent out on multiple missions lately, forcing her to fight out in the cold and sometimes heat. Last week she had come home with a very quiet cough, but she told you it was nothing at that it would pass. Her coughs continued and you started to notice her going to sleep earlier and earlier each day.
This morning you had woken up a bit early to find your lover turned away from you, curled into a ball with the blankets piled on top of her. You sat up and gently placed your hand on your lover's shoulder, looking over to get a peek at her face. She just barely opened an eye to look at you, sweat glistening on her forehead and cheeks. You frowned and gently moved her onto her back, she groaned, moving an arm to her forehead as she tiredly opened her eyes.
"You're burning up, Amélie. You're not well." You stated, pulling the covers off of her. She didn't object. Of course, burning up for her was different than it would be for you, it didn't take a lot to get her hot with her already low body temperature.
"I am fine chérie." She sighed, trying to force a reassuring smile, which she already had to force enough as is, as she placed a hand against your cheek, trying to make you think differently.
     "I'm not buying it. Stay here, I'm going to get you some water and some medicine." Amélie tried to say no by sitting up, however the hand that you placed on her shoulder pushed her back down onto the mattress. She knew better than to argue with you, besides, she had no energy too, the night had been restless for her as she could no longer fight off the flu herself.
     She said nothing else as she watched you leave the room, still in your track shorts and baggy t-shirt that you had worn to bed. The hard floor beneath your feet cooled your body a little too much, sending a small shiver up your spine and leaving a tingle behind on the nape of your neck. It was still early in the day, meaning that the sun had not yet warmed up the air. That is, if today was to be a warm one.
     A cold bottle of water sat invitingly on the top shelf of the small fridge that you two shared. Grabbing it made small goosebumps rise along your arms. You opened the medicine cabinet after closing the fridge, grabbing some Advil for her body aches that she had seemed to be experiencing.
     Amélie sat in the same position you had left her in, you assumed that it would've caused her too much trouble to have moved any. You set the bottle of water on the desk at her side as you got a dose of the pain pills out for her. "Take this while I make you some breakfast. I don't want you taking any medicine on an empty stomach."
     By this point you knew she had given in to you helping her as she simply thanked you and opened the water to take the medicine without further questions. She always put up a fight until it proved worthless, but you admired her attempts every time.
     Usually, whenever Amélie got sick, you'd make her oatmeal for breakfast since it was easy on her stomach and she always got it down and kept it down easily. You were the same way when you were ill. The simple meal took less than ten minutes for you to prepare. The hot bowl warmed your hands as you carried it into the bedroom you shared with your partner.
      She forced herself to sit up, leaning her back against the headboard of the bed behind her. You noticed the pills you had set out for her gone and a few sips gone from the bottled water, so you knew she had complied with your wish. Amélie accepted the bowl as you handed it to her carefully.
     You climbed back into the bed beside her and turned on the television, turning down the volume a bit since you didn't know if your lover had a headache accompanied with her body aches, cough and very obvious fever that you had felt earlier. You would think that Amélie getting a fever would be good for her, get her temperature back up to normal. However, not only was her body no longer use to the normal, but the poison coursing through her veins simply did not allow it. The heat and the effects of the toxin contradicted each other, leaving a negative impact on her body.
     Amélie would always argue about you sticking around her while she was sick, and this time was no different. After she had finished eating and you had cleaned the dish, you stripped the blankets from her, as she was complaining she was hot, and gently wrapped your arms around her, resting your chin on her shoulder as the mild warmth radiating from the side of her neck kept your nose warm. "You'll catch my illness if you stay this close to me chérie..." You heard your partner mumble.
     "I'll be okay if I do, nothing will stop me from taking care of you." You reply with the same comment you always did, a small grin on your face as Amélie went quiet, speaking softly a few moments after.
     "If you do, I'll have the opportunity to make this up to you."