||49||

3rd Person PoV

"Y/n!" everyone shouted out in horror as the h/l h/c haired girl was dragged by Morgue into a large looming shadow.

"Damn it!" Yuuto shouted as the shadow disappeared right before he managed to reach it, "y/n!"

Two hours earlier_

"Y/n we're running out of time," Kistov told y/n quickly as the two pushed away from Kota's blade and flew further away from him, "we need to finish this now."

"It's fine," y/n nodded, "he's slowing down."

"So are we," Kistov pointed out, "I'm losing time and you're losing energy. This is too straining."

"We can do it though," y/n smiled before Kistov pushed her to the side and grunted as three kunai buried themselves into his shoulder, "Why're you bleeding? You never bleed..."

Kistov looked to his arm confused.

"I--" he looked bewildered, "I feel pain too..."

"Are you...alive?" y/n frowned before noticing the absence of the shadow guardian they were fighting, "where'd Kota go?"

"I'm going to go back," Kistov announced, "I'm sure you can figure out what is going on. Meanwhile, I need to find out what's happening to me and if it's happening to everyone else too."

"Alright," y/n nodded, "Sounds stupid, but stay safe."

"I plan on it," he nodded before disappearing in a cloud of smoke. As soon as he left, y/n looked around, no one was around so she decided to head to the top of the mountain, a weird feeling settling on her as she flew up the snowy landscape.

Meanwhile...

"Drayton I'm going to send you right back to hell," Zethran glared at the man before him.

"I don't think you could," Drayton shook his head before walking over to Zethran, "I'm alive again. This time I'm prepared to drop the shadow guardian stuff for you. We can try again, Zeze. You know that we had something special."

Zethran took a step back.

"Don't call me that," he shook his head, "and we don't have anything-- never had anything. We were stupid teens back then, nothing we did had any meaning."

Drayton frowned.

"Then we'll both die," he told the white haired boy as he pulled out his twin blades.

"No," Zethran shook his head, "I have a family to go back to and you have a grave to return to."

Drayton tensed at what Zethran had said before anger washed over him and he launched himself forward, swinging the blades in his hands messily. Zethran easily swatted the blunt of the blade away from him.

"Even after death you're as sloppy as ever," Zethran muttered before turning Drayton's blade and impaling him.

"You...this won't be t-the last you...see me," Drayton coughed before his body fell and hit the floor in a mess of shadows and disappeared.

"Damn," Zethran crouched down and took a few deep breaths, "time to get back up there... After I've cleared my head."

°❄️°

"Mina," David called, "we made it here with no issue at all."

"Strange," Mina hummed, "I thought there would be something to at least try and stop us."

"Well it's not going to be easy to walk around the streets," he reminded her, "so let's be cautious."

"Yeah," she nodded before footsteps echoed through the stone passageway ahead of them, "wait--"

"Damn shadows," a familiar voice hissed as a shadow of someone stretched across the floor.

"Sora?" Mina called out, a frown etched on her face as she stepped around the side to see her husband.

"Mina? What're you doing in the realm?" Sora looked to Mina confused, "did you die?! How?! Why didn't you call me?! I could've helped!"

"I'm not dead, Sora," she placed a hand on his cheek, "You're...alive!"

"I-I'm what?" he asked, looking at her confused before looking at his hand and running a kunai across the palm. He waited a moment as a slither of red appeared and began dripping down the side of his hand.

"I-I'm alive!" he exclaimed, "what-- you know what, I don't want to know."

"How is this possible?" Mina asked, tears of happiness rolled down her cheeks.

"It's the jutsu," David stepped out, "Morgue must be using it, but he doesn't know how to limit it to just the shadow guardians so he's getting snowflake guardians as well."

"So that's why--" Sora begun before realisation struck him, "we need to get up there quick, the place... There's not a lot of them right now but... There's too many. We need to stop him immediately."

Mina and David nodded before turning to their group.

Lloyd's PoV

I groaned as I regained consciousness and pushed myself up, rocks and dust tumbled off my back as I moved and looked around.

"Hello?" I called out, coughing as I did, "is everyone alright?"

"Just about," Aaron replied with a grunt as he pushed against the large boulder pinning one of his legs down, "give me a hand."

I coughed again before pushing myself off the floor and to my feet. Shuffling over, I grab one side of the boulder and lift it enough to get my guardian weapon under. Its a staff so when it's small it's like a needle, but when I enlarge it, its about the same size as the length of my body, floor to shoulder.

I made it grow and quickly pulled Aaron from under the boulder and grabbed my staff before it was forced to shrink again and get stuck under the boulder.

"Is everyone good enough to walk?" Aaron asked the group of nin who were one by one getting up again as I healed Aaron's, most definitely, broken leg.

"Yeah," everyone nodded.

"If anyone needs healing, then go to the l/n's, they all know how to heal," I announced.

Kiba approached me.

"Akamaru isn't here," he told me.

"He must be down the tunnel or on the other side of..." I turned around and looked at the wall of boulders and stones that used to be a tunnel, "...that."

Kiba let out a worried sigh.

"He is," Shino stepped forward, "Don't worry. He's fine, my bugs are with him."

"And that's supposed to make me feel better?" Kiba mumbled to himself before looking around, "is there a way back around there."

"Yeah," Darius walked over, "I can take you around and then bring us back to the group. Is that OK with you two?"

I looked to Aaron, he nodded.

"Yeah, be careful though, someone obviously is down here," I replied.

"Awesome," Kiba grinned, "let's get moving!"

"Alright, slow down, kid," Darius nodded before leading Kiba away from the group.

"We should get moving now that we're all healed," Aaron announced as I helped him to his feet again.

"Yeah," I nodded, "let's go. I'm sure everyone is probably waiting for us."