||10||

"What's the matter?" Shikamaru asked, he must've become bored of seeing me pace back and forth because he finally spoke up.

"Oh nothing much than I've only just learned about team 9," I said sarcastically. I could tell he was biting the inside of his mouth. Regret maybe?

"Dead, sleeping, civilian," I listed their states of self, "death by sacrifice, coma by injury, paralysis by only god knows what. And I wouldn't have known if I didn't go see Kakashi sensei and read the team 9 profile."

I groaned and flopped down on the sofa.

"I hate being left behind," I muttered into the cushions below me.

"Sorry I didn't tell you, I just..." Shikamaru trailed off and stopped talking when I grabbed his hand.

"I'm over it. I know now, but, is there anything else I should know about?" I asked, shifting my head so I was looking up at him.

"Shinobi who were killed were reanimated," he told me, squeezing my hand slightly as he spoke, "amongst them was Asuma sensei and...f/n, and she called herself m/n."

"Dad? Mum?"

"Yes, I didn't fight with your mother but Sai did," he nodded, "we spoke, me and f/n. He was the same as always and looked disappointed not to be able to see you but he accepted this and he..."

I sat up so I was on my knees and looking at him curiously as he fiddled with something in his pocket.

"He what?"

Shikamaru got off the sofa and knelt down in front of me on the floor.

"He gave me his blessing."

"His blessing? Shika you're making no sense..."

"Y/n..." he shook his head before pulling something out of his pocket, a small box. He flipped open the lid and face it to me. It was a ring.

"Y/n will you marry me? Will you become a Nara?"

I smiled.

"Yes," I nodded and he grinned, sliding the ring onto my ring finger and then pulling me forward so that he could kiss me.

"I love you, n/n," he told me.

"I love you too, shika," I smiled back at him, kissing his forehead, "now I need to find Sai, I want to talk to him about my mother."

"Naturally," he shook his head with a smile, "I think he's in the park. He usually just sits and sketches there."

"Thanks."

°❄️°

"Sai?" I called out, the black haired shinobi looked up from his sketching as I approached him and took a seat on the bench beside him.

"Hello y/n," he greeted me, "is there something the matter?"

"Not necessarily," I replied, "I heard that you fought my reanimated mother?"

"You mean that woman named m/n?" he asked, looking up thoughtfully. I nodded.

"I fought her when we were fighting the reanimated shinobi. I'm unsure as to why, but she was reanimated alongside the seven ninja swordsmen of the mist," he told me as he started drawing again, a new image, "she was a very interesting lady. A very unique personality but seemingly very friendly."

Sai's PoV - battle with m/n

"Who are you?" I asked as I unrolled my sealing scroll again, getting ready to seal away the lady with long, flowing h/c hair and the dark reanimated eyes.

She looked oddly familiar.

On her leg was a piece of material with the same symbol that y/n wore of her arm. On her forehead was the forehead protector of Konohagakure.

"My name is m/n l/n," she introduced herself.

"m/n l/n?" I repeated, "Are you related to y/n?"

Her expression brightened up.

"Yes! Y/n is my daughter!" she exclaimed happily, "do you know my dear? How is she? Has she become a great shinobi? What about a boyfriend? Does she have a boyfriend? And a home? I hope she finally has a home."

I raised a brow at her loudness.

Y/n didn't get her talkative attitude from her mother, that's for sure.

"Y/n is indeed a great shinobi and she does have a boyfriend. She is a ninja of the leaf village and has even brought the l/n clan to the village," I told the h/c haired woman, she seemed to grin even brighter.

She reminds me of...the sun? Bright and cheerfully warm.

"That's a relief," she let out a breath of relief, "I was worried that she'd have nothing. The last I saw her, she and f/n were travelling because we had no place to return safely to."

"She has a home now," I nodded, "she-- I can't help but notice the two of you look similar but she has a completely different personality to you."

"Oh yes, my darling has the l/n personality and not the Hira personality," m/n told me, "my family, the Hiras or the Shadow Guardians are really energetic and are quite loud mouthed. However, the l/n's or Snowflake Guardians are rather dull and not too talkative."

"She got the l/n personality. Well... At least she did after I was killed," she suddenly saddened, "she used to have my personality until my death."

"Hm... Do you mind if I ask you something?" I looked at her curiously and she hummed, "why are you telling me this?"

"I just thought you were her friend," she tilted her head to the side. Now she kind of looked like a kitten?

This woman is way too weird...

"I--" I shook my head. Am I friends with her? I think I've spoken to her once...

"Are you not friends with my daughter?"

I stood in thought for a moment before noticing something....dark emitting from her.

"Did you speak of my daughters name without being her friend?" she asked again, her eyes completely turning black and her hair raising up, "you will learn of the Hira clans' jutsu!"

"W-what?" I asked, confused before a stream of black caught me from behind and wrapped tightly around my arms.

"I will not allow my daughters name to be tainted by the lips of a mere acquaintance," she shouted, pulling at my arms and then my legs with more black shadows.

"Sai!" Lee shouted.

Your PoV

I looked at Sai as he kept telling me what happened.

"In the end I managed to seal her away, but she was determined to murder me," he told me, "and not because she was reanimated."

I let out a laugh but stopped when he pulled the page out of his sketchbook and passed it to me.

"Anyway, I should go, I have someone to find," he told me as he stood and started walking away.

I looked down at the piece of paper to see it was a drawing of a group of three people.

One was my father, the next one was me and the woman next to my father was my mother.

I smiled.

"Thank you Sai," I muttered before turning and walking back home, keeping a tight hold of the drawing as I walked.