||13||

I arrived at training ground 5, its where Shikamaru told me to go this morning.

"Shikamaru?" I called as I just walked around, the sun had begun setting so it was starting to become quite difficult to navigate.

"Hey," Shikamaru waved at me from under a tree, I raised a brow in curiosity at him before approaching him and sitting next to him, "you look beautiful."

"You don't look so bad yourself," I smiled at him, he was wearing a basic black tux with a white dress up shirt and a green tie.

He pulled a small dark red carnation out of his pocket and he tucked it behind my ear, it held back my h/l h/c hair on my left side.

"W-what are you doing?!" I asked, pulling away.

"Only the small things make you embarrassed?" Shikamaru asked with a grin, "You're so cute."

"S-stop teasing me," I looked away and pouted as Shikamaru started pulling food out from a basket beside him.

"Stop pouting and start eating," he poked me and pushed a rice ball in my face, I took the rice ball and started eating.

We ate until there was nothing left and it was rather dark.

"We should get back home," Shikamaru said once he'd packed everything away. I just looked up into the night sky, stars shimmered over head.

"No," I shook my head before dropping down on my back and resting my head on my hands while looking up at the stars, "let's just stay here for a little while, yeah?"

I felt shikamaru's gaze on me before I heard him moving so he was lying down next to me on his side.

Looking out the corner of my eye, I see Shikamaru just watching me.

"Now looks who's staring," I joked before sighing and looking back up into the sky and watched the stars glisten.

"I'm just curious," Shikamaru muttered, "how can one person be so perfect?"

I felt my face heat up and quickly moved one arm and rested it over my face so he couldn't see.

Shikamaru's PoV

"I'm just curious," I muttered as I studied y/n's face, "how can one person be so perfect?"

I watched as her cheeks adopted a red glow and she quickly moved her arm to cover her face.

Only the simple things get a reaction out of you, y/n.

I smiled.

"You're so cute," I whispered before looking up at the sky, "what a drag, if we stay here I'll fall asleep."

"Good to know you're back," y/n mumbled as I sat up and pulled the basket over my arm before scooping y/n up.

"Shush you," I shook my head as I walked back home, "next month."

"Next month?" y/n repeated looking at me confused.

"Marry me next month," I looked down at her, "Please?"

"Well we needed to plan a time to get married anyway," she shrugged, "but yeah. Let's plan for next month then."

"Alright!" I grinned down at her before focusing on where I was walking in the darkness.

"Shikamaru," y/n called me.

"Yes?"

"Can I do your hair when we get home?" she asked, avoiding my gaze as she did, "it's just... You always have it in the same style and I kind of want to see it...different?"

"Of course, y/n," I smiled down at her before turning a corner to see my mother, "good evening mother, are you feeling better?"

"Are you OK Yoshino?" y/n pushed herself out of my arms and walked over and hugged my mum.

"I... I am OK..." mum replied slowly, looking away, "how're you?"

"We're OK," y/n nodded, "Yoshino..."

Y/n searched my mother's face for something before sighing and hugging the woman.

"Mum, we have something to tell you," I spoke up as I wrapped my arms around y/n and placed my chin on her shoulder and peered at my mother who seemed to look at me curiously.

Y/n seemed to get what I was getting at.

"Shikamaru and I are getting married," she smiled at my mother kindly.

My mother blinked a few times. Then she saddened before brightening right up. Brighter than I've seen her ever before.

"I'm so happy," she was smiling but crying at the same time, her voice no higher than a whisper.

"Yoshino please don't cry--" y/n tried to calm her but my mother just laughed and smiled even more before pulling the two of us into a hug.

"I lost one but I'm gaining one," she whispered before stepping away, "I'm meeting Mrs Yamanaka, I want to help planning later, OK?"

"Sure," we both nodded before waving and watching her walk away, wonder why she's out so late in the evening...

"I don't know... It was a little unsettling to see her so cheery," y/n mumbled from under my grasp. I sighed and swept her back up off her feet and jumped home.

"You know.. I can walk," she reminded me with a sigh.

"I know," I smiled, I just like holding her. She's small compared to me, she reminds me of a puppy or a kitten.

°❄️°

"You look so weird," y/n laughed as we both looked into the mirror. I can't deny it. I do look really weird.

She had braided my hair. It was really strange not having it up in my usual ponytail.

"You look a bit like a girl now," she smiled as she hugged me from behind and rested her chin on my shoulder, gazing into the mirror at us. I smiled at her and turned my head so I could kiss her forehead.

"Love you," she whispered to me.

"Love you too," I whispered back before the sound of small snores came from where the h/c haired girl was resting on me, "if you were tired, you could've just said.."

I sighed and turned around, catching y/n and then lying us both down in bed.

Looking at her I can't help but realise two things:

She's so beautiful and she's mine

Y/n, you are perfect...