||9||

"Kurenai?" Shikamaru knocked on the door of Kurenai's apartment.

"Doors open, please come in Shikamaru!" Kurenai's voice called back, Shikamaru smiled and opened the door, allowing me to enter.

The first thing I see is a mess, the floor is covered in blankets and toys. Next thing I see is Kurenai balancing a baby in one arm and a dusting cloth in the other as she mopped up some weird black looking dust off the counter.

She turned and her red eyes seemed to gleam.

"Y/n!" she shouted in glee, coming over and half hugged me while trying to avoid squishing the child in her arms and the black drowned cloth in the other hand.

"Hello Kurenai," I greeted her before turning my attention to the child. A girl who looked remarkably like Kurenai and Asuma had merged into one. The small girls eyes gazed over me curiously before she reached out.

"This is Mirai," Kurenai told me before holding her out, "mind holding her while I finish cleaning up?"

I looked at her confused for a moment.

"Y/n," Shikamaru placed a hand on my shoulder, "hold your goddaughter."

I blinked a few times before cautiously nodding and took the small girl looking down at her.

I'm not really sure how I'm to react.

Shikamaru placed his hands on my shoulders and steered me to the sofa before walking and helping Kurenai clean up. I sat and looked down at the girl again.

She just gazed up. She had Kurenai's eyes, those unique red orbs. She's going to have me wrapped around her pinkie, I can already see it right now.

She started giggling. I just melted internally.

Yeah, Mirai already has me around her pinkie.

°❄️°

"I love her, she's adorable," I smiled as myself and Shikamaru walked through the village.

"Has she already got you wrapped around her little finger?" Shikamaru gazed poked a teasing gaze at me.

"Yes she does," I let out a short laugh.

We rounded a corner to see Ino and Choji, Kiba and Akamaru.

Akamaru noticed me first and came bounding right towards me and pounced on me, knocking both of us to the floor before he started licking my face.

"Akamaru!" I shouted, laughing as he licked at my face.

"Akamaru, get off that woman," Kiba shouted, trying to pulled the giant white beast off of me. When he managed to, I sat up and wiped my face with my sleeve.

"Woman? Kiba I have a name," I gave him a bored look. I spelt my name out to him.

"Whoa I didn't know you were home," Ino peered over Kiba's shoulder, I just nodded.

"I have been for two days now," I replied as Shikamaru pulled me to my feet again. Then a thought came into my head and I quickly pulled Ino into a hug.

"W-what the--?!" Ino asked in confusion.

"Inoichi... I'm... I'm sorry, Ino," I gave her my condolences. I felt her stiffen in my grip before he relaxed and hugged me back.

"I'm sorry for Shikaku," she muttered before we separated. I shook my head and stretched.

"Wait a moment," I frowned and looked around, "may I asked where the hell my godmother is?"

"Lady Tsunade?" Kiba asked, I nodded, "didn't she leave the village after Kakashi sensei became Hokage?"

"Kakashi sensei is Hokage?" I repeated in shock. They all nodded.

"We thought you knew?" Shikamaru frowned.

"I didn't," I shrugged, "and did you just say that she left the village?"

My eyebrow twitched in irritance as u started my journey towards the Hokage office.

"Y/n?" Ino called out, "where are you going?"

"To get information," I shot them an expression that just screamed 'Tsunade is so dead when I get my hands on her' before continuing my journey to Kakashi's new office.

°❄️°

"Hello Kakashi sensei," I walked into his office with a deadly aura.

Kakashi looked up at me and waved lazily, dropping his feet from his desk and sitting up straight.

"Welcome home, y/n, how can I help you?" he asked me, trying to act as respectful and proper as he possibly could.

"First you can tell me where Hyousuke sensei, Riku and Yuuto are and then you can tell me just where Tsunade is planning on going," I clicked my knuckles for effect as I spoke. His face fell.

"Y/n..." he trailed off before pulling out a scroll, "Team 9."

That's my team.

I took the scroll and opened it curiously.

Team 9 - profiles

Name: Hyousuke
Age: 29
Rank: elite jounin
Chakra Nature: earth, wind, water
Affiliation(s): Konohagakure, Allied Shinobi Forces, Team 9
Status: alive, disemployed

Name: Riku
Age: 16
Rank: chunin, medical nin
Chakra Nature: earth, wind
Affiliations(s): Konohagakure, Allied Shinobi Forces, Team 9
Status: deceased

Name: Yuuto
Age: 17
Rank: chunin
Chakra Nature: fire + earth - ink
Affiliation(s): Konohagakure, Allied Shinobi Forces, Team 9
Status: alive, comatose state

Name: y/n
Age: 16
Rank: jounin
Chakra nature: wind + water - ice
Affiliation(s): Konohagakure, Sunagakure (past), Snowflake Guardians
Status: U̶n̶k̶n̶o̶w̶n̶  alive

I placed the scroll down.

"Explain."

"Riku died when we went in the four Hokage's barrier to fight the ten tails. He was healing when he was impaled after jumping in front of Yuuto," Kakashi explained, "Yuuto got severely injured when Obito became the ten tails' jinchuriki and has been in a coma ever since. Hyousuke... I'm not sure what happened to him but just like Guy, he has become disabled and cannot continue in his work as a shinobi."

"Tsunade left to travel again with Shizune a day after I became Hokage," he continued, seemingly to miss my boiling rage.

I just turned and left the room without a word.

When were they going to tell me, huh?

If I didn't go to Kakashi sensei then how long would it have been before they told me one of my team mates were dead, the other was in a coma and the final was no longer a shinobi?