20

Keefe POV (surprise!)
The movie finished and Sophie and I walked out. I've never met someone like her yet she seems familiar. Like... like a lost memory or something. I first got intrigued by her when she looked at me with broken eyes when I didn't recognize her at the store. I didn't and haven't put much thought on why until tonight when I asked her about why she was here and realized there is a detailed story that I'm missing out on that probably answers that question. I leave it alone for now though since she didn't seem like she wanted to talk about it.

"Where do you want to eat?" I ask her.

"Wherever you want," she says.

"No you pick," I say.

"I'm fine with whatever you want," she says when we get inside the car.

I sigh loudly making sure she takes the hint and she notices but just giggles. Her laugh is so cute. I turn and stare at her admiring her features. She blushes making me smirk.

"Fine, we can just get some pizza if you want and hang at my place. If you want of course," I say.

"That sounds fun," and she gives me a genuine smile making me smile too.

"Okay I'll have it delivered."

We start driving back to our apartment complex talking about everything that we see and want to talk about. I found out a lot about her. Her parents left her at birth and she has adoptive parents. Her friends live somewhere else. And I told some stuff about me too. I told her I'm not close with my parents so I moved out into the apartment. I'm an only child. I don't have a lot of close friends. I feel comfortable with sharing with her as if I've known her already for a long time. We get to my apartment and get comfortable on the couch. I'm glad it's clean since it's usually not.

"I ordered the pizzas. The guy says it should be here in 20 minutes max," I tell her.

"So... are you gonna tell me now?" I ask her.

"Tell you what?" She says.

I give her the look. "You know what I'm talking about."

She sighs. "How am I going to explain this," She says to herself.

"I don't want to freak you out," she says looking at me.

"I think you should tell me," I tell her honestly.

"I don't think there's any way you can scare me away," I smile.

She blushes. "Long story short I know you already."

"But how?" I say confused.

"There's another 'world' called the forbidden cities. It's on this Earth but just hidden. There are elves that live there. We have powers and you're an empath, you can feel other people's feelings basically. When you lived there, we... we dated I guess. It was never really official. But you were taken away. I don't know who or what it was but you were gone for two years," she says and looks at me with her broken eyes.

"You won't believe how broken I was. I just found the love of my life and unfortunately he got taken away from me too quickly," she says looking away from my eyes trying to stop the tears.

I grab her hand and intertwine them. I feel some type of shock and I get a memory. It's me and Sophie riding on s Pegasus? We are flying through a beautiful start night but the mood is low. She's... nervous? Scared? But I comfort her and make sure she knows she's safe with me and the feeling of... love or some type of appreciation bubbles from inside of her. I get snapped back to reality.

"What just happened?" She asks concerned.

"I saw you and I riding on a Pegasus and I could feel your feelings. You were scared of soemthing," I say questioning what I saw in my head.

I see her smile. "That's when you came with me when I had to reset my abilities. You helped me calm down and get there safely," she looks at me longingly.

"I'm sorry," I saw guiltily. 

"Why? you have nothing to be sorry about."

"I'm sorry I am not the Keefe you love. I'm sorry I can't remember," I say sadly.

"It's not your fault," she grabs my hand.

"I have a question," she says.

"Anything," i smile at her.

"If you had the chance... would you go back to the old Keefe?" she asks.

I can hear the worry in her voice.

"Yes," I say without a doubt.

"Whatever makes you happy," i say holding her cheek in my hand.

I see her look me deeply in the eyes and a tear falls down her face. I lean in and softly kiss her lips. I feel a new memory. I am holding her face and kissing her with so much passion. I think it was my first kiss with her as the other Keefe. I smile into the kiss and she slowly pulls away.

"God, I miss that feeling so much," she says leaning back in.