12

Sophie POV
Today I can go back home. I feel excited to finally be able to be around my family and friends and not have to stay in bed rest. I get up from the bed and change into the clothes Edaline brought for me from my closet at home. I walk out the room to be greeted by my parents. They wrap their arms around me in a hug and I hug them back.

"Let's go home," I smile at them and they nod agreeing.

When we get home I notice that all the lights are off. I turned them on and all my friends jump from behind furniture.

"Welcome back home!!" Everyone yells.

I smile wide.

"Did you guys plan this?" I look at Edaline and Grady.

They shook their heads making me confused.

"Keefe did," Biana says walking next to me.

I look around the room to try and find him and when I don't I feel myself get sad.

"He said he shouldn't be here when you come because he doesn't want to ruin the party," Biana says reading my mind.

I put on a fake smile.

"Thank you guys for the surprise. You guys can start it I'm just gonna go to my room for a little bit," I tell them.

"Are you sure? I mean this was for you," Dex says appearing in front of me.

"Ya of course I'kk come down later," I reassure them.

The nod and walk to the main hall while I walk upstairs to my room. I look around and see that everything is where it's supposed to be. I lay down on my bed and stare at the ceiling. I wish Keefe was here. Even after everything happened. I decide to do something I haven't done in a long time.

Keefe? I transmit to him.

I can feel Keefe trying to ignore the transmission.

Keefe? Please answer me.

Hey Sophie.

Thank you for the party.

I'm glad you like it.

Why aren't you here?

He doesn't answer for a long time until I hear knocking on my window. I look to my left and see Keefe levitating there waving at me. I smile and let him in.

"Sorry I wasn't here earlier I didn't think you would want to see me right now," he says sitting down in a chair.

"Keefe, we worked things out. I'm not gonna let what happened stop you from hanging out with our friends," I tell him serious.

He nods and smiles. "Why aren't you downstairs?"

"I don't know, I just don't feel like partying," I shrug.

"Do you want to go somewhere else?" He asks me.

"Where?"

"I know a place. It's calming and helps me think," he says reaching out for my hand.

"I'm getting Peter Pan vibes from this," I joke.

"What's Peter Pan?" He asks confused.

"Never mind," I roll my eyes and take his hand.

We teleport to the location that Keefe describes. When we get there, my breath is taken away. The trees are beautiful with flowers in them. There is a lake in the middle of it all.

"How did you find this place?" I don't take my eyes off the natural beauty.

"While you were gone. I was wandering around when I found this," he gestures to the surrounding area.

"Wow... this is amazing Keefe," I look at him with awe.

His cheeks turn pink and he scratches his neck.

"Just like you Sophie."

Then it was my turn to blush. We take a seat right by the lake. The water is clear with no contamination. I can see our reflections.

"Keefe?" I ask not looking away from the water.

"Yeah Foster?" He brings out my old nick name.

"Did you mean what you said?"

"No Sophie. I said those things for the betterment of you. But I hated not hanging out with you. I'm so sorry again," he stares at me with his glossy ice blue eyes.

"It's okay Keefe. I just needed to know."

We stare at the lake for a long time just thinking. Not really saying anything. I finally look around and see it's pitch dark except for the moonlight.

"Keefe it's pretty dark now," I say getting up and holding out a hand for him.

He contemplates on taking my hand or not but decides to anyways. We walk on the trail leading us back. I feel my imparter buzz so I check it.

Biana: Sophie where are you??

Sophie: I just went walking with Keefe

Biana: Are you coming back soon

I look at Keefe and he nods.

Sophie: Ya we'll be there soon

With that Biana turns off her imparter.

"I guess we gotta go," I tell Keefe.

"Ya I guess."

We start walking out of the forest. I teleport back to my house. We are in the side of the house but before I walk in Keefe grabs my hand.

"One more thing," I turn to face him and he leans in close to where I can smell the peppermint smell coming off of him.

Everything seems to be going in slow motion. I look into his eyes. The beautiful ice blue. His eyes close and so do mine. Before I know it I feel my lips on his. It feels so different. I've longed for this and I can tell he did too. We pull away and I blush letting the hair fall to my face to cover the redness of it. Keefe tilts my head up and tucks a strand of my hair behind my ears.

"We should probably go Foster they're waiting for us," he smirks at me.

I roll my eyes and smile. We turn around to walk back into the house until we get face to face with Fitz...