16

Keefe POV
The light goes away and we adjust our eyes to the surroundings. The tree houses in Florence.

"I've never been here before..." Ro says taking in the huge tree houses that we used to stay in.

"Yeah we haven't been here in a long time," I say smiling back at the memories.

I remember when me and Sophie fell asleep at our windows. She always was making sure that I knew I wasn't alone.

"Okay, so where would she be?" Ro asks.

I point to the girl's treehouse.

"I think she's in there."

We run into the treehouse looking in all the rooms but nobody was there.

"I'm gonna go check the guy's treehouse. You check the common room," I tell Ro.

I run up and check the rooms and so far she's not in Fitz's or Dex's rooms. I start to lose hope. I walk up to the room I stayed in. I open the door slowly and see the one and only, Foster. Her back was facing me but I could tell she was looking at the drawings on the wall. The ones that I drew. I left some of them in here since I didn't need them. She already felt my presence I could tell by her breathing picking up but she doesn't turn around. I feel strong emotions of... sadness? Anger? Regret? I can't really tell. I walk up towards her and slowly hold her hand looking at her face. A new brim of tears appear and she looks at me biting her lip trying to stop the tears.

"Keefe, I messed up," She says.

Instead of saying anything, I pull her into a hug holding her tightly against me. She pulls me in towards her closer and sobs into my chest. I slowly run my hands in her hair and down her back trying to calm her down.

"I just want you to know one thing, Sophie," I say to her pulling her out so she could see me.

I lift her chin. "No matter what happens, I love you okay?" I tell her.

She smiles. It makes me smile, too. I lean in a give her a soft peck. We pull away and smile at eachother. We walk out of the treehouse to meet Ro waiting in the common room.

"I thought u found her so I just stayed in here knowing you guys would want some alone time," she says smirking st the last part.

"Thanks. Let's head back," I tell Ro.

I look at Sophie and see the dread on her face.

"Hey," I say getting her attention.

"It's going to be okay," I say.

She smiles at me and squeezes my hand.

We walk out side and we are about to leap before I see soemthing. Or someone. Oh no.

"Move!" I yell at Sophie and push her towards Ro.

The light beam hits me and I feel my insides deteriorating. The pain is unbearable. I look at the person and see a masked face. But before I could do anything, everything turns black.

A/n
I'm so sorry for the short chapter but I have a really good idea for this book just stay tuned!