022. stain.

welcome to the panic room.

☤[ blood warning ]

[ blood warning ]

MY HEART WAS thumping in my chest. This figure, I knew him. I didn't know the voice but the silhouette. A blonde woman on television had described him. The Hero Killer. And he was right in front of me, his blade staring at me.

"I— I'm not a hero," I said, trying to back away from his menacing figure. I felt my back hit the brick wall. I was trapped against the dead end alley way.

"That's what they all say."

Stain came into the light of the moon. His tattered scarf flapped in the wind. I rummaged through my bag. I had packed a tiny pocket knife. I yanked it out, flipping it open. My clutch went sprawling across the floor of the alley way.

I held out the knife, gritting my teeth. I could hear a chuckle, the blade screeching against the concrete. Chills raced up my spine. This is it. I'm going to die. But not without a fight!

"That's it?"

"I— I'm telling the truth! I'm not a hero, please," I begged, thrusting my knife forward.

I did have an advantage, I knew it. He didn't know what my quirk was, so he wouldn't strike right away. I had time. I looked at my phone and the back at him. His eyes shone with malice as he stared at me.

"I haven't seen you around. You must be a wannabe," he spun his blade, leaning against the wall for a second. "You were obviously invited to that ridiculous gloat fest."

I felt his eyes scan my body. He's just trying to figure me out. Don't do anything stupid. If I could just get to my phone.

"You're not even going to try to use your quirk?" he grinned. "What an easy fight you're gifting me."

His footsteps were growing faster and closer. I had to think but nothing came to mind. I held out my knife, but I knew it was going to be no use. Why did I think I was going to win this? There's no way— I'm— it's over.

He was much more skilled than I was. He had taken down so many heroes and here I was. I wasn't even a hero and he was going to kill me.

I felt my fingers shake as I dropped the knife, hearing it clatter against the floor. I closed my eyes, waiting for his blow. I pressed my body tightly against the back of the alley wall, turning my face away from his incoming strike. My fists curled, accepting my death.