007. you again.

caught in a bad dream. ❜

 ❜

I HAD LEFT the school day later, the sunset brilliant. On my walk home, I had decided that I was going to do something I never did. I was going to run. Stop everything, I'm heading out!

I threw my bag on the couch, hoping to catch the brief period of the day where it was cool. I was so stressed, it was the only nondestructive thing I could think of to do. So many thoughts I had to sift through.

I threw on my exercise pants and a tee shirt. I pulled my black hair into a tight and high ponytail, an arm bad around my bicep with my playlist blasting.

I chose a trail next to a popular set of shops, so I wasn't completely alone. Stretching out, I then jogged for the first time since I graduated medical school. Sweat began to gather as I ran. In high school, I was a dancer and running was part of my conditioning.

In my college days, I was a part time dance teacher at a local ballet school, but I didn't bother including that on my resumé. It was nothing special and I really wasn't paid for it. I didn't even think of it as experience, just a way for me to express myself.

I was determined to get in at least two miles before the sun set. I couldn't hear anything around me, just my breathing and the jolt of my legs against the pavement.

I started running faster and faster, breaking into an all out sprint for the last leg of my journey. I felt my ponytail stick to my back due to the sweat. I held my hands above my head, gazing out toward the water and the setting sun. I took out a singular ear bud and that's when I heard it.

"Doc?!" A booming voice right next to me. I screeched, jumping in my skin. My eyes were wide as I clutched my chest, looking to my left.

There stood Present Mic, in more casual clothes, but recognizable enough.

"We seem to keep meeting out here in the wild," Yamada said, my breathing still heavy from my run.

"Seems that way," I said between breaths. "You really can't sneak up on people like that."

"I tried to catch up to you earlier but, damn girl, you run fast!"

I smiled through my breathing, putting my hands on my hips. I had momentarily forgotten that I was in my tightest exercise wear. "Is there any reason you wanted to end my workout?"

He leaned against the railing. "Not really. Just saw you running. Not gonna lie, kinda hot."

I narrowed my eyes and then promptly rolled them. I couldn't help the blush that spread across my face though. I tried to play it off, not even acknowledging it. Is he messing with me?

"Seriously— why do we keep meeting?!"

Yamada shrugged his shoulders with a sly smile. "It's fate, Doc."