006. first day.

work, work!

❛ work, work! ❜

I woke up early on that Monday. Insanely early. I was incredibly nervous and ready to throw up again. Apparently, that was my super move. Making my way to the bathroom, I had made a cup of coffee, hoping it would cycle through my blood stream and boost my energy.

I had run out of contacts, so glasses were my best bet. I went through the same routine I had practiced for days. As father always said, May! Practice makes perfect! Fold your laundry again!

I put my hair into a high bun, making sure it wasn't too tight on my head. With a nice collared shirt, sheath skirt, and white coat combination, I looked ready. I wore low heels, that were easy to run in if I needed to.

I picked up my bag and my tag, my phone vibrating as I left my apartment.

>> (1) NEW MESSAGE

Yamada
' Good luck today, Doc! Not that you need it. ;) '

>>

I shook my head, sighing as I walked toward the school. What was it with him and winky faces? I wasn't feeling especially good. I had accidentally spent most of the night at my office, drawing blood for the upcoming week. And I couldn't get that night out of my head. My friends told me I didn't do anything but what did I say?

I ended up panicking and drawing too much, out of fear for what would happen. I felt so calm and collected when I was with normal patients in a normal hospital setting. This was so different though. I felt like I was walking on egg shells.

I had made it inside the building, looking out the window of the office to see trickles of students beginning to pour into the gate. I unlocked my door, my hand on the knob. A rush of wind caused my glasses to go askew.

"Dr. Kataoka!"

A familiar, loud voice filled my ears. All Might was in costume, zooming around the hall way. I smiled, opening the door to my office. "Hi, Yagi-San. Wonderful day for a new year."

"Indeed!"

Then, he was gone. I had no idea what he was doing but, whatever. I didn't have time to think about it. Midnight walked by and complimented my shoes. I did everything I could not to fan girl, but I think the look on my face said enough. A couple of other teachers stopped by, even Nezu, who looked pleased with my professional attire.

"Some of these heroes just don't know about the respectful dress code a school must have!" Nezu had said, the compliment boosting my confidence. As soon as he visited me, he was gone.