016. midnight.

where have you been?

❛ where have you been? ❜

THE WEEKEND WAS about to hit and the sports festival would begin on that Saturday. So, they decided to give every student a day of rest on Friday, which was tradition, apparently.

I sat alone in my apartment, my newly white hair tied up into the messiest bun I had ever created. I had an extra pair of glasses that were even clunkier than the last pair. I was reading through another medical journal about stem cells, wondering if I could find anything that pertained to my quirk.

I was in a really loose tee shirt, a hand me down from my father, and some silky shorts. I was ready for a day in, sipping on my coffee. A knock on my door surprised me, causing hot coffee to explode onto my upper lip.

I got to my feet, stumbling to my door. I cracked it open, peeking outside. "Hello?"

A beautiful woman stood at the door with long black hair. She had a tight pair of jeans on and a low cut halter top, sunglasses resting on top of her head. My eyes reached her face. It was— Midnight?!

"Dr. Kataoka, sweetie! Are you ready for a shopping day?" She said, pushing my door open and I stumbled backwards.

"Um— no?" I said, watching as she made herself comfortable in my apartment. She sat at my tiny table, crossing her legs. When did we decide on a shopping day?!

"Obviously! You have to get ready," her brows furrowed and she waved her finger at my face. "Did you change your hair or something?"

"Y-yeah, it was kind of a mistake," I said, scratching my head.

"A mistake?! No! It totally suits you. So edgy," she said, giving me a wink. I just stood there for a second, not knowing what to do. The bracelets on her wrists jingled. "Well? What're you waiting for— put on some clothes!"

Why was I getting ready for this?! I had no idea it was happening. I rushed to my bedroom, her attitude pretty demanding. I changed into something more casual, a black button up blouse and some jeans with black flats. I brushed out my hair and dabbed on a little bit of makeup.

I exited the room with a purse in tow. "When did we plan this again?"

"Oh, minimalist! I like," she said, getting up. "You told me you would let me help you and I decided today would be the perfect day."

"Oh, alright then," I said, smiling through my obvious confusion. It was always rumored that she was a difficult person to deal with. She never really was seen with anyone outside of the other U.A. instructors.