13 - barrels

Psst.... a sound invaded my dreams. The last I remember was falling asleep after confessing to Thorin. We fell asleep embracing each other, my head against his chest and an arm draped over his chest as his arms wrapped tightly around my waist.

Psst... there was the sound again. I felt my nose twitch before my eyes blinked open and my eyes adjusted to what was before me. Surely I was still wrapped in the arms of Thorin but by the cell door stood two female elves.

Blinking slowly, I removed myself slowly from Thorin, without wanting to wake him up. These two female elves beckoned me forwards, a finger at their lips signaling for me to be quiet.

"Why are you here?" I questioned in a whisper as I crawled over to the door to remain more quiet. I had never seen these elves before. Any guard seeing them in the prison halls would be escorted out immediately. They must of had a security entrance.

Though when I saw them, they strangely looked familiar but I swear I have never seen them before.

"Keena Gredan, oh how you look just like your father," one elf spoke. She had red hair as I did and wore it with bangs. I noticed she has two different colored eyes, one brown and one green. They were beautiful. She has fierce features and a sharp jawline. She has elven tattoos under her eyes and she was a marvelous looking being. Beside her was another female elf, red headed with freckles and bright green eyes. She strangely looked a lot like me. They knew my father though. That sparked interest in me.

"How do you know my father? What relation do you have with him?" I asked the one who spoke first. The second elf replied.

"We are your family Keena," she began and my eyes widened in shock from her words.

"I am Arlayna Gredan, the sister to Qildor Gredan," the first elf spoke and I felt my heart beat quicken. By the moon, how did I not know of this. How could my father not mention he had a sister. "This is my daughter, Thasinia. She is your cousin," Arlayna added and gestured to the freckled elf who wore a friendly smile.

"I never knew," I whispered still in shock to find out I had blood related kin to me from my elven side. It's hard to believe.

"We are sure of it. Qildor was always a secretive man," Arlayna replied with a quiet chuckle. "But more importantly, I bet you're wondering why we are here?" She questioned and my ears perked in interest.

"Certainly I am," I quietly replied and looked back at the still sleeping Thorin. "But I am still shocked to know I have elven kin by blood. It's surreal news,"I continued as I looked back at my elven family. Arlayna and Thasinia. I gave them a smile before Arlayna continued.

"We're here to break you and your company out," She tells me and my heart drops. Never in a million years would I think any elf would help us in anyway. But here I sit with my kin breaking us out. "But not now. We wait till night, when the guards are feasting. They'll come drunk quickly and that will be our time to take the keys and break you all out. All I need from the dwarves are there upmost cooperation," Arlayna explained to me. That would be hard as these dwarves aren't fond of elves, but surely once I explain to Thorin they are helping break us out, he's oblige.

"We will see it through then, Arlayna. Thasinia," I say and give them both a nod of approval. Then a question arises in me. "Why are you helping us?"

Arlayna looked at her daughter and a sigh escaped her lips.

"Emme sinte thranduil otorno. Ontáro. Sina indóme n- manen emme at- at i bloodime tar- (we know Thranduil killed my brother. Your father. This is how we get our revenge)," Arlayna replies in Quenya and a smile grew to my face. A large vengeful smile.