05 - run

The dwarves all gathered themselves after getting themselves untied. I quickly went to look for my weapons that had still been where I dropped them first. I sighed in relief. I looked for Bilbo and brought him to my arms once I saw him.

"I'm glad you're okay," I breath as I hugged him.

"Yeah me too," he joked and I laughed before patting his back. I walked with Bilbo by my side to Gandalf who was speaking with Thorin. Thorin looked at me and nodded his head.

"I was wrong doubting you, Keena," Thorin spike. That was the first he's said my name. "You are a true fighter." He spoke with a pat on my back. I blushed shyly and bowed my head.

We then set off to find a troll hole that those trolls probably stay in during the day. Luckily, we found it with ease and went inside only for it be smell horrid.

"Careful what you touch," Gandalf warmed the dwarves and the hobbits and I covered my nose and stay neared the entrance as a lookout. The dwarves soon came out, Thorin wielded a new weapon, what appeared to be elven. I rolled my eyes.

"Elven weapons aren't easy to come by," I mocked as he passed. He glared at me but rolled his eyes at me playfully. I don't know what this is all about but it as if something turned for him to be nicer to me. I guess I proved myself worthy enough.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Gandalf give Bilbo a sword. Thank the heavens, the boy finally wields something to protect himself. If he uses it, that's the real question.

Out of nowhere, I heard Thorin yell, "something's coming."

"Stay together! Hurry now. Arm yourselves," Gandalf yelled and pulled out a new sword for himself as well.

I wielded my bow and readied myself next to Filli and Killi but I was stumped when Gandalf seemed to have recognized this person.

"Radagast. It's Radagast the Brown. What on earth are you doing here?" Gandalf asked the brown wizard who remakes of bird poop. But I dismissed it and listened in on what he had to say. Make that two wizards I meet on this journey now.

"I was looking for you, Gandalf. Something's wrong. Something's terribly wrong.," replied Radagast who had widened eyes.

"Yes?"

"Just give me a minute. Um...Oh! I had a thought and now I've lost it. It was...it was was right there, on the tip of my tongue! Oh! It's not a thought at all! It's a silly old... stick insect," Radagast speaks as Gandalf pulls exactly that, a stick insect from the mans mouth. That earned disturbed looks from me and others.
Then he continued with his thought, "The Greenwood is sick, Gandalf. A darkness has fallen over it. Nothing grows any more, at least nothing good. The air is foul with decay. But worst are the webs."

Gandalf's brow knit together in confusion. "Webs? What do you mean?"

"Spiders, Gandalf. Giant ones. Some kind of spawn of Ungoliant, or I am not a Wizard. I followed their trail. They came from Dol Guldur." Radagast told Gandalf and my ears perked when hearing Dol Guldur. Never have I heard such a mysterious name before.

"Dol Guldur? But the old fortress is abandoned," mumbled Gandalf who put a hand at his neared chin.

"No, Gandalf, it is not. A dark power dwells in there... ...such as I have never felt before. It is the shadow of an ancient horror. One that can summon the spirits... ...of the dead. I saw him, Gandalf. From out of the darkness... ...a Necromancer has come," Radagast explained and it seems his nerves were getting to the bets of him.

Gandalf gives him a blow from his pipe that seemed to have calmed Radagast quickly. I looked at Thorin in confusion but he only shrugged.

Soon though, Radagast pulled a sword out from his cloak. "That is not from the world of the living."