Chapter 17.5: ...Before the storm

I'm out here gamin' like a REAL GAMER.
————————————————————
(Y/N) POV

It's so nice to be able to relax again. Back with Todoroki and Endeavor, I always had to keep looking over my shoulder since I don't trust Endeavor to not try and kill me and Todoroki is a sneaky-beaky.

I much prefer to be here, hanging out with Izumi at her place as she continues to question me about the different little details and specifics about my quirks. I'd ask her about hers, but somehow I feel like it's supposed to be a secret. I mean, it's almost like she's All Mights secret love child, seeing how she's all...smashy and stuff.

(Y/N): "We have to go back to school tomorrow, right?"

Izumi: "Yeah. The internship seemed kinda short, huh?"

(Y/N): "For you maybe. I patrolled either Hosu or Musutafu at night."

Izumi: "Why didn't you call me? I would've kept you company on the phone."

(Y/N): "Because You aren't as...adapted to prolonged sleep deprivation as I am. The fact I managed to sleep with you when I stayed over is a miracle in and of itself."

Izumi: "I would've at least tried."

(Y/N): "I'd rather you didn't. I don't want to be the reason you get in trouble for falling asleep during...whatever it was you were doing during your internship under Grandpa Tostido."

Izumi: "Gran Torino."

(Y/N): "I know. I'm just mocking him because he kicked my ass once."

Izumi: "What?! Why?"

(Y/N): "Because I'm a vigilante, and I used to have to steal for a living. I didn't steal from people, only like...stores, that sounds worse than it actually is. I was a shoplifter. Hey, Izumi?"

Izumi: "Yeah?"

(Y/N): "You wanna hear the rest of that story? About what happened to Cole and empire city?"

Izumi: "If you're ready to tell me."

(Y/N): "Yeah...I think I am."

—————
Flashback noises.
—————

Cole and I stand on a building overlooking the bridge, with a clear view of the Historic district. Giant spikes of concrete and rebar have punched holes into the bridge, it being completely destroyed. Through some binoculars I can see a rusty pipeline being suspended by concrete, obvious only to me and Cole that it was left like that on purpose to I have a way into the historic district.

Cole: "You go gather whatever you need. Honestly, you're probably gonna need a lot to take on Augustine."

(Y/N): "She May be able to control concrete, but that can't protect her against everything."

Cole: "Maybe not, but don't underestimate her. She could probably kill you with a flick of her fingers. She's in the historic district, and that place is made of pretty much nothing but concrete."

(Y/N): "Hmph."

I turn to walk away, but just as I do, I turn back to Cole.

(Y/N): "...Hey, Cole?"

Cole: "Yeah?"

(Y/N): "...I know this is gonna sound Kinda stupid, but...if we don't make it out of this whole ordeal...If one of us...Dies...Then I want you to know something."

Cole: "What is it?"

(Y/N): "I Uh...I love you brother. If you were to...You know, then...I wouldn't know what to do."