Chapter 8.5: Go Fetch

Yup. Stealing the title from the game. I couldn't be bothered to think of an original idea, so you know.

Fuck it.
————————————————————

Reggie: "You look...uh..."

(Y/N): "I know how I look, Reggie. I own a mirror."

Maybe it's the cargo pants. He has to wear a pack or bulletproof vest to hold his items, meanwhile I prove the tactical inferiority of both bulletproof vests and purses with my extra leg pockets. The fool.

Reggie: "Ok, that's great and all, but why the glow sticks?"

(Y/N): "I can switch to neon with those-"

I held up one of my smoke grenades.

(Y/N): "-and switch to smoke with these."

Reggie: "Look at you, using your brain like an adult."

(Y/N): "Oh dear god. I need to do something stupid to counteract this."

Reggie: "(Y/N)."

(Y/N): "Reggie."

Between our intellectual discussion, we reached a locked gate that lead into an official looking building. Now, I'm pretty athletic, I have to be to climb buildings and do vigilante stuff, but Reggie? Sure, he can run, but...

Let's just say it was funny watching him fail at climbing a fence. I suggested to shoot the lock, but he said that would "attract too much attention" and "waste ammo". So I just jumped over. Since it was both rusted and had a lock, I couldn't let him in, so I went in alone while he continued to attempt to climb the fence.

Keyword being attempt.

Turning into smoke and slowly seeping into the building, I found a...Well, I was expecting more to be honest. The building was fairly big, so you'd think she'd use more of it, but no. She just had a little hideout near the entrance. Taking a photo, I send it to Reggie to get his take on things.

 Taking a photo, I send it to Reggie to get his take on things

And if that ain't a good angle, I don't know what is.

(Y/N): "Brent, Brent, Brent, Brent...this all says Brent."

Reggie: "Any idea who that is?"

(Y/N): "I don't know, a lover? Ex-boyfriend? A brother? All three?"

Reggie: "That's stupid."

(Y/N): "You're stupid."

Reggie: "Hold On, I'll look him up in the database..."

It took a while for him to do anything because he had to go back to his car, and...he's slow, but eventually, he spoke again.

Reggie: "Okay, I got a match. Brent Walker, He was a druggie, found dead in an alley with a single unidentifiable wound in his chest being the cause."