Chapter 33: Prayer of the Refugee

(Y/N) POV

(Y/N): "...Well that sucks."

That's all I can say to hanks story, since what the hell else am I supposed to say?

(Y/N): "I already knew that Augustine was a massive bitch, she killed my mom. I don't think I'm able to hate her more than I already do."

Hank: "Look kid, That red head bitch may have a strong as hell quirk, but the main reason she's dangerous is her influence. She could just say a single word to the the DU-"

(Y/N): "She's not dangerous."

I cut him off, and he takes a second to process what I just said. To be fair, it does sound like the dumbest thing that has ever come out of my mouth, and I've made Ashido and Kaminari look smart.

Hank: "Wha-... kid do you have brain damage or did you just go loony from exhaustion? You even know what you just said?"

(Y/N): "Yeah. Augustine isn't dangerous."

Hank: "God Damn it kid, if you get all cocky like that then Augustine'll shove 'er concrete so far up your-"

(Y/N): "She was dangerous. But now she isn't."

Hank: "...Huh?"

(Y/N): "She's not dangerous because she's dead."

Hank pauses, taking another moment to process that information. I guess I should fill him in on what happened.

(Y/N): "You know the historic district? The one with the giant hole?"

I'm assuming they haven't fixed that place, since empire city is basically Detroit but without the abandoned car factories.

Hank: "Yeah, what about it? You sayin' you cause that?"

Ok, I'm disappointed that I'm right, but not surprised.

(Y/N): "Nah, My brother did. Her and my stepdad, guy by the name of Kessler with one hell of an electrokinesis quirk, picked a fight with us by uh...killing those that we loved in front of our own eyes... so I almost killed Augustine by caving in her temple, but the bitch survived and then Cole blew himself up, and her along with him."

Hank: "Damn, kid. How strong is your brother?"

(Y/N): "Strong enough to not die via kamikaze."

Hank: "That seems kinda like it was less a kamikaze and more just a big fuck off blast if he lived."

(Y/N): "He shouldn't have, but...It's a medium length story."

Hank: "Huh. Tell you what? I'll help you out with your wounds by giving you some smoke, and you tell me that story."

(Y/N): "Deal, I can't move my legs anyway."

—————
(Y/N) tells his traumatic life story to hank, todoroki style, while Spencer/Ice spends some ice to get some clothes for (Y/N).
—————

(Y/N): "So yeah...You know, looking back on it, I should be dead at least 7 times over."

Hank: "...Well holy shit, kid. I thought my life was shit but your life sucks."

(Y/N): "Yeah, well, least I have a roof over my head for the next few months at least. You know, unless they decide to send me to an actual jail. In which case."

Hank: "Do you really think normal jails can hold us?"

(Y/N): "No, but...I don't want to deal with Aiz-er...Eraserhead."

Spencer: "Hey."

HOLY SHIT.

(Y/N): "I forgot that I blew the door off."