Chapter 3: Oh boy, entrance exams...yay.

(Y/N) POV

Soft...my back...pain... ugh. The sun hurts my eyes as it shines through closed curtains. I try to move my hand up but I feel something holding my hand down. Looking down at my hand, I see a female hand holding onto mine tightly. Midnight. I forgot that I slept in the same bed as her last night. Why is she spooning me? Ugh....whatever.

I decide to wait for her to wake up, laying my head back down to the pillow. After about an hour, I've slipped back into unconsciousness and she's woken up. I feel her squeeze me like I'm a teddy bear, and that wakes me up. I accidentally gently elbow her in the...chest, making her let out an 'eep'.

(Y/N): "...Nemuri."

Midnight: "Yes, Darling?"

(Y/N): "Let go of me."

Midnight doesn't let go of me, mildly annoying me but I'm too tired to actually do anything about it. Smoke dashing...well, it's more like I turned into smoke and rolled out of bed, I get out of bed and head to the bathroom. After doing the usual morning routine of using the bathroom, brushing my teeth, failing to brush my hair, and having an existential crisis whilst staring into the mirror and questioning the meaning of life. You know...normal things, I just sorta...leave the apartment, not having breakfast or telling Midnight where I'm going. I don't know where I'm going either, I just know I'm going there.

Eventually, my legs carry me to a training room in U.A. (I have full access to the place because Midnight), and I see a tall-ish girl with black hair practicing with what looks like a spear. I lean against the doorway, just sorta watching her out of tired boredom. She accidentally lets go of the spear, hurling it towards me...this is gonna hurt.

Closing my eyes, I feel my hand move on its own, and then I feel something cold... opening my eyes, I apparently was somehow able to catch the spear before it actually hit me. The girl panics, which is to be expected, she almost impaled me with a spear, and I decide to just sorta let this slide. Approaching her calmly, I try to calm her down by giving her a compliment on how easily she's able to use the spear, but she starts talking before me.

???: "Oh my- Are you OK?!"

(Y/N): "I'm fine. I've lived through worse than a spear. Speaking of which..."

I hand her her spear back, which she takes with shaky hands. She's trembling.

???: "I almost...you almost... I could've killed you..."

She looks like she's about to cry. Placing a hand on her head, I do the only thing I know how to do: Give her reassurance via headpats.

(Y/N): "Hey, Hey! I'm fine, don't worry. Sure, it would have hurt, but I'd be fine. You didn't know I was there, so you didn't do anything wrong."

???: "But-"

(Y/N): "No. no buts. I'm fine, you didn't know I was there, and even if I was hit, I'd be fine. Look..."

I then took out a piece of paper, a knife, and a lighter. Rolling up my sleeve, I cut myself 4 times before lighting the paper with the lighter, and draining the smoke, healing my cuts and leaving little white lines.

(Y/N): "See? Completely fine."

She was still trembling, but it had gotten better. She wasn't gonna cry, least she didn't look like it, but she was looking at the ground. Ducking down slightly, I gave her a little smile before holding out my hand for a shake.

(Y/N): "My name is (Y/N) Rowe. Nice to meet you."

Momo: "H-hello. My name is Momo Yaoyorozu." (I'm not typing her full name over and over so she's just gonna be momo. Laziness ahoy.)