Prologue

Warning: This book is boyxboy. If that isn't your type of story then move on. If it is, then welcome!

Also, there will be light language (nothing excessive).

Also, if you see any large mistakes, don't feel afraid to point them out, please and thank you!

.

.

.

When I was young and I first shifted into my wolf form, I vaguely remember feeling weird. My parents told me that my wolf was just different. That wasn't the entire truth, though. My wolf wasn't just different, he was broken. He had a slight limp and he was a lot smaller than he should've been. They took me to the pack doctors and we found out my wolf was deformed. Not only was he smaller and had fragile bones, but he also couldn't smell very well. My papa immediately burst into tears, saying it was his fault.

As I grew up, we tried our best to help my wolf out, but the only thing we could fix was the limp. My wolf's sense of smell got worse as I grew up. We eventually gave up on it. Nothing could be done, not without magic at least, and none of us could pay the price of getting a magical cure.

This wouldn't have been such an issue if it weren't for the fact that wolves depended on their sense of smell for practically everything: hunting, distinguishing between friend and foe, and... finding their mate. If my wolf couldn't smell them, he couldn't feel the bond. It transferred over to my human form, too. I was numb to a lot of bonds, like my own pack's. They weren't completely gone, just difficult to concentrate on.

I didn't think this would be a big deal. I could find a mate without smell, I thought. But as I saw the people around me finding their mates, I realized it wouldn't be a magical moment for me. I was left behind. We tried to figure out a way to bring my mate to me, but nothing worked. Soon enough I gave up on the idea of finding my true mate. My wolf had too. What else could we do? How could we find a mate we couldn't even sense?