Koumei: Bibliophile

࿊

The red haired prince let out a tired yawn, his right hand reaching out to open the door to the palace library. He stepped inside, closing the door behind him. After walking past a couple isles of scrolls and books he spotted her, far too immersed in the book in her hands to notice him standing there.

He quietly walked up to her as to not disturb her. The prince couldn't help but admire her. She was such a pretty little thing, surrounded by countless of books and a couple scrolls that had piqued her interest. "I knew you'd be here" he finally spoke up, now standing in front of her. She offered a gentle smile his way, her (e/c) eyes noticing the scrolls under his arm.

"Kouen again?" she asks, gesturing to the scrolls he was holding. "Yes." Koumei sighed sadly, a tired look on his face. Koumei blinked, looking down at the small hand that was outstretched towards him. A small smile finds its way to his lips as he hands her a scroll before taking a seat down beside her. His red eyes glanced at her once more before focusing on the writing.

An hour or so went by and Koumei was beginning to feel fuzzy, his eyes struggling to remain open. After a couple of minutes of his lazy fight against sleep, he gave in. Y/n jumped, eyes widening as she turned to look at the prince who was now leaning against her shoulder. Her heart slowly calmed upon seeing his sleeping face.

Focusing on the scroll in her hands now was practically useless. She glanced back over at him, a pink blush dusting her cheeks. "You look comfortable...mei" her voice was a low whisper as she set down the scroll, shifting to a more comfortable position. Her eyes slowly growing heavy as she leaned on him, joining him in his unplanned nap.

His presence was warm and comforting, lulling her into a serene sleep alongside him. Her heart slowly stopped racing, easing into a rhythmic pace and matching that of his own. His red hair lightly brushing her face as his head against on hers.

"Ko-" Kouen paused, seeing the two asleep. His red eyes shifted down to see his brothers hand holding hers ever so gently. 'So that's what it was' Kouen looked back at his brothers peaceful state before kicking his foot, startling the younger male awake. "Hey, quit sleeping Koumei-", "Wha-?" Koumei asked, quickly sitting up. "I need those" Kouen said pointing at the scrolls laying in the ground around them.

Kouen glanced at the young women as she blinked in a sleepy state. "Oh right, uhm here" Koumei said handing his brother the scrolls. With that, Kouen turns and walks out of the room, leaving a peaceful silence once again. Koumei glances over at the girl, rubbing the back of his neck. 'Damn it Kouen.'

AN: I hope you're enjoying my book, please leave a comment or a vote if you enjoyed the chapter. A quick reminder that I also take requests, so feel free to message me with any wonderful ideas :)