Sharrkan: Obvious

She wasn't waiting for a knight, she was waiting for a sword
-Atticus

She wasn't waiting for a knight, she was waiting for a sword -Atticus

"You're so painfully obvious Y/n" Yamuraiha laughed as she peaked over the young girl's shoulder. A small blush dusted her cheeks as she turned around to see the blue haired magician. "I was just-" "gazing dreamily at Sharkkan" Yamuraiha finished.

"Y/n, just tell him." The magician smiled, gesturing over to the prince. "I can't..." An endearing smile rested on the woman's lips. Her crush on the Heliopat prince was clear as day and yet the said prince couldn't be more oblivious. "Honestly, you and Sharrkan..." she sighs and ruffles y/n's hair before continuing on with her business.

"Ja'far allow yourself to have a little bit of fun, go enjoy the festivities" Y/n smiled urging the former assassin to relax for the night. "I suppose you're right. I might as well enjoy it before I get buried in all the paperwork Sinbad refuses to do." He smiled as he pools over to Sinbad who is drinking happily. "Exactly" Y/n agreed and smiled, exchanging glances with the stoic fanalis besides her. "Well at least until he gets drunk enough to cause some sort of trouble.." Ja'far adds watching as Sinbad reaches for the wine again.

"That won't take long..." Masrur adds as the three watch their king. It didn't take long before y/n's eyes caught a glimpse of white, her attention now turning over to Sharrkan. Ja'far took note of what she had been looking at and smiled. "Sharrkan huh?" A bright blush made its way to her cheeks, her head snapping back to them albino. "What?" She asked, her voice sounding equally as flustered.

"I didn't say anything" she quickly added making Ja'far laugh a little. "You didn't have to Y/n we can tell" he informs her. "You're kind of obvious" Masrur adds in. "That obvious huh..." she mutters to herself, a sad tone laced her words as she watched Sharrkan laughing with the two girls sitting at each of his sides.

Masrur and Ja'far shared a glance before deciding to join in the festivities in an attempt to cheer the girl up. "Come on, lets go get something to eat before the Aladdin and Alibaba eat it all." Ja'far jokes as Masrur lifts the girl onto his shoulders, earning a smile from her and heading over to join the others.

"Y/n there you are!" Yamuraiha cheered as she noticed the girl on Masrur's shoulders. "Come, this wine is great. Try some" Yam said offering the girl the bottle to which Ja'far gave a judgemental sigh. "I'm good for now, thanks" she smiles as Yam lets out a slightly slurred "boooooo".

Ja'far unsurprisingly didn't last long before he went off to go keep an eye on Sinbad in case he got any funny ideas. So Y/n and Yam stayed talking while Masrur silently ate besides them. In the end the wine seemed to appealing to turn down and y/n ended up drinking a glass or two.

The night remained somewhat calm with the occasional antics of their king to which Y/n and Yam laughed. Unbeknownst to y/n, a pair of green eyes had continuously glanced her way ever since they spotted her on the fanalis's shoulder earlier that night.

The white haired prince sighed as he made his way to the training grounds to practice his swordplay when he noticed a familiar figure sitting in the garden.

"What are you doing?" Sharrkan asked, a curious look in his eyes as he watched the young girl jump slightly at the sound of his voice before turning around to face him. "I um- I was making a flower crown" his green eyes shifted down to the flowers on her lap.

A small blush dusted her cheeks as he sat down beside her and looked at the flowers. "Huh... how did you do that?" He asked pointing at the crown she had been working on. "Oh. You just do this and then you just keep going until you have a crown" she said taking some more flowers and showing him.

A couple of confused arrangements of daisies and funny shaped crowns later, Sharrkan finally made a semi decent looking flower crown. "There, a crown fit for a king if I say so myself" he says with a smug smile as he places the crown on his head. "Not bad...for a beginner" Y/n teases earning an amused scoff from Sharrkan.

"Well considering my skills involve a sword, I say I did pretty good for myself" he defends himself earning a small laugh from Y/n. "Fair enough" she says putting her, now finished flower crown on her head. "Speaking of swords, it's odd not to see you training."

"Well I got..distracted..." he trailed off, glancing at her as he said the word distracted, which didn't go unnoticed by Y/n. "Hey you're quite good with a sword aren't you? Be my sparing partner y/n!" Sharrkan said excitedly, to which she blinked in surprise at his request. "Well...I'm not all that good-"

"Practice makes perfect. Come on lets go" Sharrkan says helping her to her feet. Before she could agree Sharrkan gabbed her hand in his, leading her towards his favorite training spot. On their way there they had passed Masrur who had just turned the corner right as the two passed by.

"I think you should start with a..." sharkan's voice faded as the two continued walking. Masrur blinked as he watched them, a small smile resting on his lips as continued his way down the hall.

AN: I hope you're enjoying my book, please leave a comment or a vote if you enjoyed the chapter. A quick reminder that I also take requests, so feel free to message me with any wonderful ideas :)