Epilogue

Leonard Chester

Ngayong araw ang pinakahihintay ng lahat sa amin. This day is the very special day for the both of us. This day has come. Ito ang araw na maghuhudyat na kami ay mag-iisang dibdib na.

January 04, 2020

The day I will be seeing my love wearing her beautiful wedding dress and walking on the aisle with a bouquet at her hand. The day I've been waiting for. This will be the day, that I will give her my last name.

We are now waiting for the bride and my parents and Cole's parents are at my side. Kinakabahan ako ngayon at namamawis na ang mga kamay ko. The whole Black Phoenix main members are here. The gang are my best mans while their girls are Cole's bride's maid.

"Pls take care of my daughter." seryosong sabi ni tito.

"I promise tito." nakangiti pero seryoso kong sabi.

"Call me papa. Your going now to be my son-in-law." nakangiting sabi niya. Napangiti na rin ako at napailing.

"Congratulations my son-in-law. I know Nicole is very happy." nakangiting sabi ni tita.

"Thank you po" sabi ko at nag-aalangan pa ako kung tatawagin ko siyang mama.

"Call me mom instead. Be happy ok?" sabi niya kaya tumango ako. Niyakap ko sila pareho at hinalikan sa pisngi.

Sunod naman ay ang mgamagulang ko. They gave me encouragement and they both hug me tight. Huminga ako ng malalim ng sabihin na nila na andito na ang bride. Tinapik ni dad ang balikat ko dahil halatang kabado ako.

Rinig na rinig ko rin ang mga tukso ng gang pero hindi ko na iyon binigyan ng pansin. Fuck! maghintay sila sa kasal nila at gaganti din ako.

Unti-unting nagbukas ang malaking pinto ng simbahan. And there, I saw my love walking slowly with her very beautiful wedding gown. It is a tube gown. Nakalugay ang mahaba at kulot ang dulo ng buhok niya. I can't stop my tears from falling.

I'm happy because finally we're here infront of the altar, facing God and asking his blessing. I'm very happy because we end up being in each others arms after the things we've been through.

Nakita kong napapunas siya ng luha. Nang makarating na siya mismo dito sa kinaroroonan ko ay nakangiting iniawat ni kuya Bry ang kamay ni Cole sa akin. Buong pusong tinanggap ko iyon. Tinapik ni kuya Bry at kuya Calix yung balikat ko bago bumalik sa pwesto nila.

I wipe Cole's tears and kissed her forehead. Inalalayan ko siyang umakyat papuntang altar. The father started the ceremony of our wedding. I'm very happy because it goes well. Hanggang sa dumating na sa parteng pinakahihintay ko.

"I, Freya Nicole Sanchez, take you, Leonard Chester, to be my beloved husband, secure in the knowledge that you will be my constant friend, my faithful partner in life, and my one true love." she started as she slowly slid our ring on my ringer finger.

"On this special day, I affirm you in the presence of God and these witnesses my sacred promise to stay by your side as your faithful wife, in sickness and in health, in joy and in sorrow, as well as through the good times and the bad. I may not promise that I may be a perfect wife and a mother but I will do all my best. I further promise to love you without reservations, comfort you in times of distress, encourage you to continue reaching your goals, laugh and cry with you, grow with you in mind and spirit, always be opened and honest with you, and cherish you for as long as we both shall live." she said while crying. She smiled at me as she fully inserted the ring on my finger. I sweetly smiled at her and wipe my tears and her's. I get the ring and hold her hand. I started to cry again as I say my vow to her.