Itachi grunted in pain and Sasuke grabbed his neck and slamming the older Uchiha onto the ground. Sasuke looked down at his brother who was under him staring back up at him. For a moment, Sasuke felt satisfaction that he was able to pin Itachi down; that is until Crows began to come out of his brother’s mouth and eyes. Itachi’s form withered and disappeared. Sasuke looked back and his brother was standing in the same place where he stood since the beginning, unfazed and unharmed, ‘Genjutsu’.

“ Each of us lives dependent and bound by our individual knowledge and our awareness. All that is what we call reality, however both knowledge and awareness are equivocal. One's reality might be another's illusion. We all live inside our own fantasies. You, Sasuke, have created a fantasy that cannot and will not become a reality. You seem to have lost your way, blinded by the jealousy and envy you have towards the people you perceive as stronger and more blessed than you. You believe we have become weak? I’d say it’s quite the opposite; we serve under the Hokage and other clans because they are dependent on us, because we are strong. You say that your eyes see the truth… however what my eyes see is a brother who has closed his eyes to the reality that we live in”.

Sasuke burst out in a fit of laughter before returning back to his stone cold expression. “Is that what father thought when he was leading the plan of the coup d’état?”

Itachi raised an eyebrow. “How do you know about that?”

“See, you’re just like everyone else in the clan. You underestimate me, think of me as the weak link. I’m an Uchiha too, I found out about what the clan was doing and what came to my mind was that the Uchiha were finally going to be free. I may have been young, but I saw how the Uchiha were treated. Even though we helped protect the village, we were still isolated and the clan’s power was monitored. I thought the coup would help the Uchiha be free… but then, it was stopped, negotiations were made and the coup never happened. The Uchiha clan became weak and passive over the years, they have allowed themselves to be controlled. You see big brother, it’s not me who has closed his eyes, it was the opposite. I opened mine and saw the true reality of the Uchiha and now I have made the decision to change the clan. A new and stronger Uchiha!” With every word, Sasuke got louder and his face became more and more crazed.

Itachi could tell his goal was becoming more and more twisted, he has lost the meaning of his goal. The Crow closed his eyes, opening them a second later. Sasuke narrowed his eyes, the shape of the older Uchiha’s eyes were different. They were no longer the familiar black tomoes, they have been replaced with a black swirl pattern.

Sasuke glared at Itachi, The Mangekyo Sharingan.  Sasuke clicked his tongue in frustration, he’s trained his eyes very hard and made sure that his Sharingan would surpass his brother’s but even still, here stood Itachi with The Mangekyo. He trained so that he would be able to unlock it somehow, but he was never able to find out how. Sasuke clicked his tongue, taking a deep breath before he made his move. Itachi’s eyes widened when he felt a hand wrap around the back of his neck, the Sasuke that was standing in front of him turned into white snakes that fell to the ground and slithered away.

“Now I have a question for you big brother. The Mangekyo Sharingan; father told me about it when I asked him. It’s a powerful jutsu even stronger than our regular Sharingan and not just anyone can obtain it, he told me that much, but what he didn’t say was how one came to obtain the Mangekyo. You somehow met those conditions and was able to unlock it. Tell me, how did you get it?”

Itachi looked forward, not making any movements, “I once believed that you would be able one of the few people to be able to unlock it, a plan was set in motion, but as you said, the coup was stopped. Besides, now it seems there is too much in your life to let go of.”