Vampire blood L

CHAPTER L

ALEXIA’S POV

I was finally alone in Alexander’s room with Blake, the demon which tried to end my life just a few minutes ago.

It seemed strange to stand so near of a real demon, even if he was a young one. At least that’s what I felt coming from him.

I thought with sadness towards the times when I used to believe that I was just a human girl. Just a few months ago I would never have guessed that the fictional characters were a reality. That’s so strange and so different from everything I experienced during my too short life.

Looking towards the young man in front of me it was as if my bare soul had got out of me looking from somewhere else to my empty body and the saddest thing was that I could never go back to the way I used to be. There was no turning back and no salvation for a condemned soul such as mine.

“Now that we are alone, we can finally talk!” I said while trying to gather my thoughts if I wanted to find out more about the man who planned to capture me.

The demon looked towards me with apparent calmness, trying to convince me that he still had the power to defeat me if he desired it.

“Why did you wanted to talk with me alone?” he asked all of a sudden, while narrowing his eyes.

“I felt something different from you when Alexander was holding you in the air. Your eyes are so deep and they tell me that you suffered a great pain during your life…” I began when Blake rudely interrupted me.

“Existence, not life!” he cautiously corrected me.

“I no longer have a life and a soul!” he continued with the same sadness which I saw in his eyes a little while ago.

“I am a demon…and there is not even the slightest chance that I would ever be forgiven because I did a lot of horrible things…” he said with hate, but a hate oriented only towards him.

“I don’t even know why I’m telling you all these things. You can’t ever hope to understand not even a drop of what I am and what I did that led me here” he seriously stated with a note of sarcasm in his words.

“What happened with you that you ended up being a demon? Because I don’t believe that you used to be one of them” I sincerely stated, completely ignoring his previous accusations that I was not able to understand what he went through.

“I can see the deep sadness in your eyes and I don’t understand what caused it! What happened with you that you ended up being a demon?” I continued to ask him, feeling the need to find out more about this stranger who lived through so much suffering.

“I used to be a human until I joined the forces of darkness. I was not rich and I didn’t have any desires to be. It was in the late 1880 and I used to work as a teacher in a school. Teaching was my dream since I was just a child and it was something I wanted to do more than anything during my entire life. I loved reading and that’s exactly why I was the happiest human when I obtained a bachelor’s degree in science and had the chance to actually become a teacher. During a few years I continued to dedicate my life to the teaching activity until I met her…” he said in a mere whisper.

“She was the most beautiful woman I ever saw during my short life. She was a math teacher and I fell in love with her after a few more months. We used to work together in some projects and after a period of seven months, we got married. Our weeding was a simple one, but the most important thing was that we were together. She loved me and I loved her more than anything. We were the perfect couple, until the moment when a dark and mysterious man entered in our life, taking her away from me forever” he said while the venom in his words was evident at the simple remember of that man.

“He was a vampire and I never suspected it…I was so fool to believe that she actually might love him. He was using compulsion on her, forcing her to listen to his words and taking her away from me. I never suspected anything, until it was too late. He continued to drink her blood until she died slowly and painfully. I couldn’t save her, because I was too weak and pathetic in order to do something to save her life…” he told me while his voice gradually became more powerful than before.

“That’s why you became a demon, because you wanted to revenge her death?” I asked unsure, trying to find out the entire truth.

“That’s partially true. I desperately wanted to kill that vampire for harming her so badly, but in the same time I desired to be stronger so that something like that could never happen again. I killed that vampire, but after I stained my hands with his blood, the darkness slowly and painfully consumed me, leaving me just a shadow of the man I used to be…Don’t you see? I will never be able to find forgiveness in the darkness I chose, because there is none in my world” he finally stated with great difficulty.

Before he could do something in order to stop me, I walked towards his location, pressing my hand against his chest on the place where his heart used to beat before he became a demon.

My action took him by surprise as he tried to push me away, but I pressed my hand even harder against his chest, while releasing a little of my power. A great light formed under my hand, warming my every fiber as I took away his feelings of guilt and pain for the loss of the only woman he ever loved and lost because of a vampire, because of someone like Alexander and Henry and Michael.

“I’m so sorry for your suffering, but hate and blood is not the solution of our problems. The dark side of us exists in every human being. There isn’t one of us who is completely good or evil, except the divinity and the born demons. You are neither of the two categories and I don’t believe that you are completely bad. The suffering made you chose this path, but you still have a chance to be with her in eternity” I calmly told him.

“Can you feel the light? You still have your feelings and that’s all that matters right now…”

“Why are you telling me all of these things?” he asked even more to himself than to me.

“I want to change something in this world, even if it’s going to be the last thing I’ll do” I confidently stated.

“You can’t do this alone…You’re not ready to do that until you’re not going to accept who you really are. That’s the real reason behind the fact that he’s coming for you. He has a chance to control you now, when you are more vulnerable due to your weaknesses and due to your internal suffering…you have to accept who you are, Anya!” he ordered while looking directly in my eyes.

I knew that what he was telling me was nothing else than the truth. I felt weak and scared in this cold and hateful world and the only thing which seemed to give me power, helping me keep going on was my love for a vampire.

Damn it! I was running away from my mere existence, even if I knew that as long as I wouldn’t accept who I was I would never be able to become stronger.

In order to be able to defeat the forces of evil I first had to accept the fact that I was no longer a human, despite my feelings which told me that I was no different from what I used to be.

The blood which ran through my veins was a good enough proof of that.