Bloody dreams 15 (edited)

Copyright © 2010 Alexandra-Patricia Pusca

CHAPTER XV

THE TRUTH

ALEXIA'S POV

He stopped sucking my blood right before I could die.

'Why didn't he kill me?'

I didn't struggle to escape. I just stayed there in the death's embrace. He began smelling me while he released me from his bite.  

He licked my neck, on the spot where he earlier bit me, making me shiver from his touch. I liked the way his cold body felt against mine because I felt protected and loved for the first time during my entire life even if I knew he didn't love me, he was craving only for my blood.

But..., in an inexplicable way I wanted him closer to me and I wanted him happy, even if that meant I would have to lose my life. I would accept to die in his arms. These were my last thoughts before I fainted.

As I slowly opened my eyes I found myself inside a perfect white room.

'Am I dead?'

“What…?” I began saying, trying to move, but someone hold me in place. It was Michael. I tried to move away, but I couldn't.

“How can I still be alive?”

“We made a transfusion just in time to save you” Paul explained.  

“Ohhh...” I began saying and suddenly, Michael took me in his arms and he didn't want to let go of me.

He was holding me in his arms while he pulled me even closer to him. I couldn't move at all and I couldn't even breathe anymore.

“Michael, did you calm down now?” Paul suddenly asked.

“Just let go of her, please! She can't breathe well and she's still weak because she lost a lot of blood. She has to stay still if she wants to get well soon” Paul continued.

But as soon as he tried to get closer, Michael began growling at him. I had to do something. He obviously wanted me, my blood, my body and he wasn't going to let go of me, unless I did something.

“Can you let go of me now?” I whispered, looking towards him.

Hearing my voice, he slowly opened his eyes and looked at me as soon as he heard my voice.

“I'm not going to run, ok?” Not that I could, but who cared about the details right now?

“You promise?” he asked me with a husky voice.

I laughed a little and I decided to tease him a little.

“You know, you could have asked me to stay from the beginning” I teased which made him growl.

He didn't like my teasing and wanted me to promise him that I would stay.

“Ok, ok. I promise that I will stay, but you have to let go of me now” I said laughing weakly.

I looked in his eyes which now were the same mesmerizing blue as when I first saw him in the pub. I could lose myself into his eyes and never come back again. He slowly began to let go of me, until I could breathe normally again. As soon as he let go of me, my head and my neck began to hurt. I could remember how he bit me and how I lost too much blood. I tried to move, but I couldn't. I was too weak to even stand.

“How are you feeling?”

“I feel a little weak”, I admitted.

They looked at each other, but none of them said a word. Aaren was standing next to Leo, barely looking in my direction as he probably felt ashamed because they attacked me.