Chapter 23

Hi everyone, sorry this is kinda short but this story is coming to an end slowly but surely. I plan to finish it within the month. As I said before I hate it but a lot of you are asking me to continue so I will. I posted the first two chapters of new book 'Betrothed' so if you're into hot Norse werewolves.... Go check it out. Leave me some lovin' comment, vote, send messages.. Yaknow. - Kimberleexx

Chapter 23

"Lets try it again from the top. Stop fucking crying this time so he can understand you." Daniel had made Catherine restart the video four times now. Catherine couldn't stop all the tears and sobs that racked her body. Her short lived happiness was ruined. Once Beau found out the truth he wouldn't want her anymore.

Catherine walked home from school, it was her last day of senior year and she was beyond excited to be accepted into New York University for the nursing program. She hadn't told any of her family about it yet, and she wasn't planning on it. She would work for a few more weeks and save up what she could to get her on the plane and to the college, from there she had student loans to help pay for tuition, books, and a place to stay. She took a deep breath before entering the trailer, she was not going to miss this place. It was loud from the front door and she knew her mom and Joe were fighting already. She hesitated to open the door but all of a sudden the arguing stopped and it was quiet.

Catherine opened the door to see Joe standing in the kitchen in a wide stance, his fingers wrapped tightly around a knife with blood staining his white wife beater and dripped from his fingers. Catherine took a few more steps into the trailer and covered her mouth with her hand, she gasped at the horror in front of her. Joe was standing over her mother, she had about four stab wounds in her chest and stomach and she was no longer moving.

Joe snapped his head in her direction,a scary look in his eye before he glanced back at her mother.

"You did this!" He pointed an accusatory finger at her. Catherine couldn't respond she just kept looking at her mother.

Joe stepped to the side and set the knife on the counter before stalking toward her. Catherine feared the worst as she climbed over the back of the couch and into the kitchen, a pool of blood surrounded her mother and she sobbed.

"Come here you little devil." Joe was on the other side of the kitchen table now, he had her cornered. He took a step to the left and Catherine moved to the right, if she could just juke him out she could get to the knife he set down. So thinking fast she tried to run to the right just enough for him to come running over toward her, she spun quickly and grabbed the knife from the counter. Joe was quick as he made his way to the other side of the table and tried to pull the knife from her hands, a smaller knife was also on the counter she noticed. She let go of the knife quickly and Joe stumbled back before coming at her full force with it. She grabbed the smaller knife and jammed it into his neck. Blood squirted out of it and some landed on her face. Joe grabbed at his neck and the reached another hand out to choke her. Catherine used the knife once more aiming for a kidney. He fell to the floor this time but he wasn't dead. Catherine grabbed her flip phone and dialed 911 as se glanced back and forth between joe and her mother.

When the police arrived Joe wasn't moving but she didn't think he was dead. Catherine held the knife tightly to her chest and sobbed as the paramedics took both her mother and Joe away. As she suspected Joe wasn't dead.

Catherine relived that day so many times in her head, the cops had interviewed her, investigated and deemed she was innocent. Joe died shortly after arriving at the hospital due to blood loss. She ended up getting his spleen and not his kidney after all. the detective that worked the case wanted her to get as far possible from all the trauma she had been through with her mother and Joe. He even gave her the rest of the money for her plane ticket and dropped her at the airport. She hadn't seen Daniel since the day before their deaths. She was instructed not to speak to him during the investigation and left immediately after they let her go.