Chapter 18

The week had passed rather slowly for Catherine, she had finally been cleared to go back to work which she was relieved about, she was also cleared to travel; something she was less happy about. It was now Friday and Catherine was spending the morning packing both her and her husband a bag for their weekend in Alabama. She had been scatter brained all morning thinking about the weekend ahead. She was sure her home life wouldn't come as a major shock to her husband as she gave him some insight on her life.

The bags were packed and Catherine sat on the couch waiting for Beau to arrive home from the office. She bit her nails down to nothing from nervousness. The front door opened just after noon and in walked her husband, a huge grin on his face.

"Ready to go?" He asked, coming toward her and kissing her head. She nodded as a response and stood up from the couch, her purse in hand. Beau grabbed both suitcases with ease and followed her out the front door. She didn't see how he could always be on the go like he was. She was tired just thinking about all the things he did on a day to day basis. The couple arrived to the airport and got on their flight with ease. Catherine was so nervous she started sweating bullets, instantly regretting this decision all together.

"I love you, I want you to know that." Beau mumbled and took one of her clammy hands in his own. He knew his wife was scared to share her past with him but he didn't care, nothing she could say to him would ever change his mind.

"I know, thank you." She gave his hand a light squeeze. Butterflies erupted in her stomach and she wasn't sure if it was from the fear of the plane taking off, or because of his statement. Catherine felt bad that she couldn't say the words back, she wanted to but she wasn't ready to take that step just yet. Maybe after he had seen everything and knew exactly what he was getting she would consider it.

The plane landed a couple of hours later and Beau was anxious to get off, he'd never been to Alabama before it was new territory for him, new territory he was exploring with his wife and he was thrilled. Their hotel was located in Birmingham not far from the the airport and about an hour drive from Catherine's home town. The hotel was nice, but it wasn't much. Catherine had made sure Beau picked something he would feel comfortable in. She didn't want to stay any closer to her home town as there wouldn't be any place near there up to his standards.

"Would you like to go out tonight or wait until the morning?" Beau asked, hoping she'd want to start right away.

"Let's start tomorrow, we will have about an hours drive there and it'll be too dark to be out." She replied.

"Would you like to order some dinner then?" He asked picking up the room service menu. She nodded her head, her stomach grumbling.

They ordered dinner and ate in silence, neither of them really having much to say but both anticipating the next days events. After dinner they showered and got into bed making sure they were both well rested for the day ahead. Catherine woke in the morning before Beau, she looked over at his sleeping form and smiled before leaning over to kiss the corner of his mouth, he'd turned his head however and she planted a kiss directly on his lips making him smile, opening his eyes he looked down at his wife's red face.

"You have to stop doing that." She said burying her head in his side.

"Why would I do that? It's much more fun to see your embarrassed face." He pulled her up on top of him and watched her hair fall into her face.

"You are so beautiful." He said as he brushed the hair away.

"Me? What about you?" She blushed even redder and giggled.

"I'm nothing compared to you." He answered, and that was his honest opinion. He was a good looking man yes but she was perfect, not a single flaw.