Chapter 10

Edited by chocopunch

Hello lovlies! I'm sorry i've been MIA, My fiancee and I broke up, I got extremely ill and it's just been a challenging few weeks. I would just like to say thank you so much from the bottom of my heart for everyone's support in this book. You have all been so wonderful and I honestly want to cry at all the messages and comments i receive they mean the world to me. Please continue to send me Pms and write comments and vote because it motivates me to keep going, I'm sorry if I don't respond to all but I will do my best. Also if anyone is interested in editing this for me i'd greatly appreciate it, I just don't have a lot of time and I know from personal experience it would be much better to read if it was edited correctly.  - with all my love, Kim. 

PLEASE READ ABOVE FIRST, THANK YOU. ^^^^^

chapter 10

Beau was stunned to say the least, he hadn't expected her to act so irrationally. He sighed before picking up the phone and calling security down stairs he informed them not to let her leave the building. He couldn't let her go wandering off or worse telling anyone. He ran a hand over his face hoping he hadn't just made a huge mistake.

Stockholm syndrome was the only logical explanation Catherine thought as she frantically pressed the elevator button to take her to the bottom floor. Her husband was a stalker, sure it was flattering to know a man like him of such stature would go through so much for a plain old girl like herself. She took several deep breaths as the doors opened to reveal two tall stalky bald men with dark shades covering their eyes.

"Mrs.Barrett, your husband has given us strict orders to send you back up." They both stepped inside the elevator and she didn't dare to move as they stood on either side of her. The doors closed once more and she was headed right back up to her nightmare. She waited in anticipation as the lights on the numbers changed 4,5,6, the bell made a dinging noise before the doors opened, Catherine stepped out the two men trailing closely behind her. she took a shaky breath before knocking on the faintly familiar mahogany door. Her crazy husband stood on the other side of the door but for some reason she wasn't afraid or worried mostly just anxious the anticipation of whats to come getting the best of her. Catherine's life had been nothing but routine ever since she was out on her own, a set schedule that she needed to maintain but now her husband was flipping all that upside down. She sighed heavily before opening the door to see the beautiful man she'd grown so fond of sitting at his desk buried in some paperwork.

"Back so soon?" He asked a small smirk tugging at his lips.

"Not of my own will I assure you." She huffed crossing her arms over her chest. Beau looked up at his pouting wife and smiled, something that was rare for him however it seemed any time he was with her it was impossible not to. He motioned with his finger for her to come to him and she did with great reluctance.

Catherine's heart pounded as she stepped closer and closer, she didn't fear him as she thought she would . in fact the exact opposite happened. She felt safe with him and that scared her more than anything. She stood between his legs not daring to make eye contact with him.

"Tell me whats bothering you?" He asked running his hands up and down her arms. She closed her eyes and let herself feel his touch, after a few minutes she looked into his dark grey eyes.

"That's the problem." She whispered and sat down in his lap playing with his tie.

"What do you mean?" He asked confusion clear in his words.

"It doesn't seem to bother me as it should." She huffed before laying her head on his shoulder. Beau pulled her tighter to his chest and sighed with content, he would be happy to spend the rest of his days just as they were.