Chapter 11

Hope everyone is having a great week! Don't forget to 

vote

comment 

send love letters

idk 

20 votes for next chapter

- kimberlee 

Chapter 11

The next few weeks had run smoothly for the newly wedded couple, they both worked during the day and spent their nights tangled within each other. Catherine was on cloud nine and she couldn't help but be happy every waking moment however, in the far back of her mind she knew it wasn't going to be sunshine and rainbows forever. On the drive to work she had a nagging feeling setting in but did her best to shake it off. Beau had been up and ready to leave when she was every morning and since they worked just across one another they rode to work together every day. Ryan pulled up outside of the hospital and she grabbed her things before pecking her husbands cheek and slipping out of the car. Beau touched his face where his wife had just pressed her lips the feeling still lingering. He noticed she was unusually quiet and tense, he was sure he hadn't done anything to upset her but just to be positive he sent her a quick text and told Ryan to keep an eye on her for the day.

To: Catherine

Have a great day baby. Lets go for dinner tonight, anywhere you'd like.

Catherine read the text over twice before she smiled and placed the phone back into her pocket. the elevator dinged open and she stepped onto her usual floor. The nurses station came into view and her smile quickly faded. Doctor Blake Ross stood leaned against the counter with a flirty grin on his face as he spoke to one of the new nurses. Dr. Ross was a serious flirt and pervert, he was good looking in that older man sort of way but still creepy. Catherine slowly walked around him to grab her files hoping he wouldn't notice her. To her dismay he turned right around and gave her a dazzling smile.

"Catherine, glad to see you back." He reached up placing a hand on her shoulder, she shrugged it off and give him a half-ass smile before turning on her heel and speed walking down the hallway.

"Catherine wait, I need to talk to you about something!" He called after her. She winced at the thought but turned around anyway to face him. Catherine had worked closely with Dr. Ross on a clinical trial for batten disease a few years back, she had just started at the hospital at that time and thought it was a great opportunity that is until Dr. Ross started inviting her out to dinner and to his apartment. She was thankful that the funds for the trial had been cut and she no longer had to play nice with him.

"Congratulations are in order I believe." He said to her and a blush crept up her face.

"Oh thank you Dr. Ross." She put her down now taking interest in her new white shoes.

"No, I meant me." He laughed that fake pompous laugh she hated so much.

"I'm sorry?" She asked now irritated.

"Oh you didn't hear? Funding is back up for the trial we are going to a hospital in Syracuse Friday to present all our old studies." He informed her.

"Oh well that's great Dr. Ross congrats. I already turned in all the paperwork I had for that study though." She turned once more to walk away only to be pulled back.

"You're back on the trial Ms. Deville." He kept a hold on her wrist and she did her best to yank it back.

"Barrett." Was all she said as she rubbed her wrist.