Chapter 12

Clint's time at the hospital was not as torturous as he anticipated. His father only showed up about once a week as to not raise any alarms by hospital staff. Pietro and Natasha, however, never left Clint's side.  As Pietro was beginning to clear away some Chinese food that the boys had ordered, a tall man with a brown beard walked into Clint's hospital room.

"Who are you?" Pietro questioned as he stepped in front of his boyfriend. 

"Easy, son. My name is Howard Stark, founder of Stark Industries. You all may know my son, Tony." Howard explained, a smile dancing across his lips. 

"I've seen him around. Are you here with Clint's hearing aids? Have they been tested before? Are they safe?" The Sokovian eagerly questioned Mr. Stark, making sure the prototype was safe for Clint.

"As safe as can be, I assure you. The best of the best for your ah-friend over there." Howard smiled awkwardly, not wanting to offend the boys.

Pietro ran over to the notebook with various notes scribbled onto it and wrote down everything that Howard had told him. Clint gave the businessman a reassuring thumbs up to show that he was ready for the hearing aids. 

Slowly, as to not alarm Pietro's very protective nature over Clint, Howard walked towards Clint and placed the two very small machines into his ears. 

"Clint? Can you hear me?" Howard tested.

Clint's face lit up as he aggressively nodded, letting a few tears slip down his face. Pietro rushed over to Clint and took him into his arms.

"My love, my entire heart, you're so strong, smart, brave, I'm so glad you get to hear my voice again," Pietro whispered into Clint's ear.

"You're more than just my lover, you're my soulmate and my best friend," Clint replied, pressing a kiss onto Pietro's scruffy cheek. 

A/N: Thank you all for your patience and support! Would you all be interested in a smut chapter or should I keep the story somewhat innocent? Let me know! xx Katie