Chapter 5

Slurs that may offend people are used.

--------------------------

Clint sat up in his bed and groaned as he felt a pain shoot through his side. Looking down, he saw a plum colored bruise beginning to form from where his father had knocked him into a table last night. His father had seen him hanging out with Natasha and was furious when he found out that she was not Clint's girlfriend. Calling him almost every foul word known to man, he had pushed Clint into a small side table beside the couch and Clint had gone to bed miserable.

Trudging his way through the morning, he eventually made it to his second hell of the day. Waiting for him right by his locker was none other than Bruce and his gang of idiots. Clint sighed and tried to ignore him, but felt a strong grip on the back of his neck trying to turn him around.

          "Are you trying to ignore me, Clint?" Clint could feel Bruce's warm breath on the back of his neck and he squirmed uncomfortably in response. This must've been the wrong answer because Bruce slammed Clint's face into his locker resulting in a steady stream of blood pouring from his nose. "Don't ever fucking ignore me," snarled Bruce into Clint's ear before slamming him once more into the locker.

Clint tried to look around and see if there was anyone that could help him, but all he saw was Bruce's "friends". Among those friends was a certain silver-haired boy, wincing at every injury that was given to Clint. Clint made eye contact with Pietro and tried to make it obvious that he needed help, but Pietro just turned around and walked away. As Bruce was laughing at a bloody Clint beneath him, Clint took it as his opportunity to fire back at the boy. Gathering all the strength in his broken body, Clint took his foot and slammed it as hard as he could into Bruce's knee, knocking the boy onto the floor with impact.

          "You're going to regret that fag." Bruce lunged towards Clint, but before he could harm him, the shrill sound of the fire alarm sounded throughout the school. "This isn't over." Bruce muttered before following the crowd of students heading for the doors.

Clint groaned and tried to get up, but doubled over and winced at the burning pain coursing through his body. As he tried once more to get off of the blood-soaked ground beneath him, he felt a pair of seemingly strong arms wrap around his chest to help him stand up. Clint tried to resist, thinking that it was Bruce again, but the person only strengthened their grip and lifted Clint off the ground.

          "Natasha?" Clint guessed although he knew that the girl would've made a fuss over his injuries had she seen him.

          "Not Natasha." A masculine voice with a Russian accent answered before revealing himself to Clint.

          "What do you want?" Clint seethed with anger towards the man.

          "You're hurt. Let me help you."

          "Why would you want to do that? You seemed pretty content with watching me get beat up." Clint shoved Pietro away and braced himself against the lockers for support. He could feel the slender arm of Pietro wrap around his waist and he tried to push the other man away once more.

          "Clint, let me help you." Pietro locked his arm firmer around Clint's waist and began to lead him towards the bathroom.

-----------------------------

A/N: I'm so sorry for the late update and shorter chapter! I had to go to the emergency room last night and I'm currently still recovering. Thank you all for understanding <3