All of that wouldn't haven't happened if it wasn't for
Diego. He brought the doctor who witnessed her death.

Who proved to me that she was gone.

If it wasn't for my friends and Mrs. Wiley I don't even think I would have graduated. That crazy English teacher inspired me to become a source of hope for youngsters who feel hopeless. I want to teach this generation that the brain is not all, we are good at different things: intellectual, music, art, sport, with people and many more. It's okay for us to be different and good at different things. Since I was in that position a few years back I knew exactly what it felt like...

"Boo"

I was startled by someone jumping on me.

I look down at the four-year-old with a cheeky grin. His big hazel eyes looked at me brightly I couldn't help but softly smiled at him as I squatted to pick him up.

"What's up, little man?" I asked.

"You got this," he said seriously making a fist with his tiny hands.

I chuckled giving me a peck on the forehead.

"Beau?" Ace came in looking tired.

"Daddy !" Yelled Beau as he made his way out of my arms and jumped to Ace.

"That's my boy," Ace grinned

"That doesn't stop him from loving me more than you. " I snickered making him frown.

I could see that he was still mad after everything.

He wouldn't listen to me no matter how many times I apologized.

"Oh come on man, we are all grown up here how long are you going to ignore me for?" I asked unimpressed.

He glared at me in response.

"You're acting like I took the love of your life," I said exasperatedly.

"You did" He exclaimed in an accusatory tone.

I shot him unimpressed look.

Wtf I only ate a slice of pizza how was I supposed to know it was his, not that it would have stopped me from eating but I would have taken my sweet time to savor every bit of it.

"Oh ya? Well, that wasn't what you were saying last night." I smirked.

"Uuuuuwwwwwwwwaaahhhhhh" he gasped out animatedly making Beau laugh.

"You promised you wouldn't mention it." Ace pouted.

"Promised what Daddy?" Beau asked jumping up and down excitedly.

"Yes, what Daddy?" I smirked.

Ace looked at me and I looked at him before we both started gagging.

"Don't ever say that even for a joke." Ace muttered in distaste.

"I would just like to remind you that a few years back you were all over me," I told him.

"Excuse me man but I think you forgot how you would do anything to get my attention."

"SHUTTTT UPPP PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO SLEEP GO CONTINUE YOUR LOVERS QUARREL OUTSIDE," yelled Tony.

I chuckled and Ace grunted his way out with his son. Our relationship as been like that since a year after Bella's death. I appreciate it. Honestly one of the reasons why I am able to be myself is because of Ace, somehow having him by my side felt like having Bella with me.

*BAM

"Ace if you don't want me to choke you with toilet paper then shut it," screeched Numia.

I shook my head.

I looked at the photo of Bella on my desk and smiled.

Home sweet home.

I let a breath out.

It was already 7:45 and I was supposed to be at work by 8:30. Since it was the first day I thought I should be there early to establish a good impression.

'Let's do this' I thought to myself.

I took my briefcase and took the stairs to the living room. Laughter could be heard and the first thing I saw was a very pregnant Numia seated on a sofa, followed by Hadrian who was giving her a foot massage seating on the ground half asleep. Hadrian was able to begin his own business and after many hardships, he is now one of the most known CEO and Numia was a successful lawyer. They both had gotten married last year after establishing their careers.

The couple next to them did not go unnoticed; a half-naked Cole was cuddling with Jennifer as he played absentmindedly with her hair as they were laughing at something on the tv. Cole became a counselor and Jennifer was reporter.

Then, Tina was as usual stood in the middle with paper surrounding her with drafts of articles of clothing. She achieved her dream of becoming a fashion designer even if her parents were against it, she was able to make a deal with her parents that once she gets her bachelor's in science she can pursue her dream and here she is doing what she loves.

Next to her stood Maya and Alisha who were absorbed in a deep conversation related to something about tomatoes. It would be hard for an outsider to believe that these two women were successful in their careers as a well-known YouTuber and Alisha our miss high-tech engineer. 

On the other hand, Bianca was on the sofa while Ace was lying his head on her lap comfortably as she looked at him lovingly. Their son Beau was jumping excitedly on the sofa giggling. After high school, Bianca went on to became a nurse and Ace is now a football player. These lovebirds have been engaged for such a long time but haven't found the time to get wedded because of their busy careers.

Finally, Denise and Tony were playing with a water bottle. Yup, grown man doing unusual things was very common here. Denise is a chef and Tony is still going through auditions so that he starts his career in acting.

These people were my roommates but after all these years I could firmly say we are a family. We are all in different field of work and in different stages of life however we have always supporting one another. Once we graduated from college, everyone decided to live together and here we are.

A/N: Honestly, this was really cringy but hope it was worth to be read, I had to write this chapter so things from now make sense. Until next time wishing all the best.