Chapter 64 - Unperceived (January 04, 2020)

Start from the beginning

He has always liked these kinds of girls. Kaya rin naman nagustuhan niya rin si Monique even though they only get acquainted through Tinder.

Napailing si Miguel as he looked at Perci gazing at Monique thinking he was mesmerized again.

But he was just musing over things in retrospect.

That maybe Monique wasn't wrong at all when she became jealous. Maybe it showed a lot that day when he saw Lee again.

He used to think he loved the energy. The spirited. That he loved the slowmo he sees in the impetuous. But ever since he was young, he knew he liked the hushed. The headstrong. He knew she was very driven to chase his brother all those years, but it was her silence that reigned him in and pulled him closer.

But he never nurtured that feeling. He thought he was young and it didn't hurt him seeing her with his brother. He was only awkward when they display signs of intimacy but he never wondered how and why his brother changed because of her.

Did he love her?

That was his last unanswered question. Spanning for years and years in his journal. Because he wasn't sure. He only sometimes misses her. Maybe for the fact that he saved him, twice. His sanity. And his life. But he was never as heartbroken as his brother.

Yes, it also pained him a lot when she left without a word. But more of an extension of his brother's hurt. His life went on after, although he has been hiding a big bout of guilt because he knew his reasons.

His respect for the girl was so high even from the beginning. When he first saw her. Pero habang nakikita at nakikita niya ito ng paulit-ulit noon, he never knew it will still shoot higher than he could ever imagine. He has never seen such a girl and back then he was sure he liked her.

He wanted to find someone like her for himself, too. And maybe his dirty little secret when he was young, was that even though he respects his brother so much, too, he is so envious that he found someone like that to love him despite his darkness.

He continued to admire her from afar. But from day one, from the moment Lee told him that she liked his brother so much, kahit hindi pa ibinabalik noon ng kapatid niya lahat ng pagmamahal ni Lee dito, Perci knew he couldn't get this girl for himself.

Na kahit pa siguro hindi magustuhan ng kapatid niya si Lee despite all her lovely pursuits, he will still stay in his place, quietly admiring her. Because she considers him as a little brother. Sometimes even a son. And he can't break that bond for her. He will never wish for something more just because of his unexplained weird feelings.

So when his brother started accepting his feelings, the more he knew that his feelings were impossible. He started ignoring the throb, but allows the excitement every time he sees her. It wasn't easy, but he is a guy of many distractions. He did so well. And then she left.

The first time he heard she was back, kinabahan siya. Pero hindi niya alam kung dahil ba sa kuya niya, his guilt, or maybe because he misses her, too. Ang totoo, nag-antay muna siya ng ilang saglit sa labas ng school ng kuya niya pagtapos niya itong maihatid galing airport noong araw na 'yun. But he also left.

And the moment they accidentally saw each other at La Renta, he was just happy. Real happy to see her again. But his feelings. He is still wondering if it's back, or the happiness is only because of the satisfaction of seeing that one person who never said goodbye before.

Kaya galit na galit siya when Monique hurt her that day.

He drank another shot of vodka to down all his worries and ill feelings away, at naramdaman na rin siguro ni Monique ang mga titig niya. She was suddenly conscious and walked out of sight soon after.