Chapter 16: Let's Hope We Don't Reach That Point

Noah's PoV:

I haven't been out for more than 36 hours and I'm already living my best life.

Ava is just completely out of this world.
I seriously don't understand how an angel like her gets to grace the earth with her presence.

She always portrays herself as this strong person, which she most definitely is, but it's refreshing to see her completely letting her guard down when it's only her and I.

She has been through so much traumatizing events in her past but nonetheless she still comes out on top.
Whatever life decides to throw at her way, she fights until she eventually survives.
And I'm so proud of my Ava for her strength to carry on after everything has happened.

She was a bit embarrassed about her scar on her inner left thigh, but I placed gentle kisses on every inch of it to reassure her that she was still beautiful despite that scar existing.

I personally think it's a battle-scar, from her time spent with that fucking pathetic guy. What was his name again?
Estiban?
Samuel?

Whatever that bastard's name is, she survived living with him.

And I'm proud of my baby for that!

Now we're lying in her bed, her head steadily on my chest, right on my heart.
I'm playing with her soft hair, combing my fingers through her dark locks that pleasantly smell of apples and mint.

While one hand is playing with her hair, my other hand is caressing her bare back,  following various trails up and down her skin.

One hand of hers is engraved in my locks of hair, soothingly scratching my head and I can't help but feel relaxed.
She brings a calming sensation into my life, and I'm all here for it.
My muscles relax whenever I get a whiff of apples and mint. My head already spinning and dosing off.

Her other hand is delicately on my chest, tracing my toned abs and I can't help but smile at the intimacy of our position.
It's like we were made to be together.
Her body fits perfectly in mine, like it's meant to be.

She seems to notice that I'm engrossed deep into thought, she pulls her head up just enough for her brown eyes to look inside my honey ones. "What's wrong?" Her eyebrows furrowed together in a questioning attempt to decipher what can be wrong in this exact moment where everything just feels so right.

I kiss her cheek " I'm just thinking about how perfect this is"
And her cheeks turn red from an unstoppable blush settling there.

She hums in agreement, like she too has never felt this way with anyone else and I'm kind of relieved that I mean to her as much as she means to me.
" In a perfect world, there would be no one but the both of us and those delicious waffles you make"
I can't help but smile at the mention of how my waffles deliciously taste.

Then, out of the corner of my eye I see a bit of concern on her face and my thoughts are confirmed when she opens her mouth to speak again.
"What happens next? After a few months there's the trial and if we don't win that, you'll be sentenced to jail with a possibility of death penalty and I know that's not fair but obviously we'll do anything to prevent that from happening but you know that -".
She rambles about her concerns for what's to come in a few months.

I tighten my grip around her arm in an affirming manner "that's not going to happen because I got the smartest and most intelligent lawyer in the world defending me. And if I do get sentenced to jail you'll come to my rescue like Michael Scofield in Prison Break or something " I land a kiss on her nose.

She lets out a deep sigh, " What if you end up in jail, what will happen to us? What will I do without you here? Oh my God what if I end up being a sloppy lawyer and you get locked up for something you didn't do"
She's hyperventilating now.
I shake her slightly to pull her out of that dark road of thoughts. "It will all be ok, if I get locked up at least I wouldn't be dying to know how your lips taste on mine" . Speaking of lips I crash my lips against her savoring the feeling just in case.

The truth is I'm absolutely terrified of the trial. What if I do end up in jail? Perhaps spending maximum sentence there until one day they decide to put an end to my life.
I'm not doubting Ava's abilities or her skills- she's one amazing lawyer for that matter. It's just there's not much she could do when I'm the prime suspect and evidence is clearly not on my side.
There is a possibility that I can be thrown into jail again, might I add, for something I clearly didn't do.
I don't want to go back to that hell hole ever again.

Now that I'm lying here, having Ava peacefully lying on my chest, I don't want to ever let her go.
And going to prison is not part of the future I planned in my head for us.

Going to prison will break both our hearts, and I just really hope we don't ever get to that point. Like ever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N:

-Do you plan your life beforehand, or are you more of a 'go with flow' type of person?

-What do you think of long-distance relationships? Do they actually work, or are they a waste of time?

-whose perspective is your favorite: Ava or Noah? And why?

Thanks for reading, please vote:x