"i'm happy i get to be a big brother"

Start from the beginning

"i'm sorry to hear that kid. but did you know i had a baba just like yours when i was your age?" i say to her. "really?" she asks and i nod. "yep. and it was really hard for me to let go of it too. i cried a lot and it was really sad. but luckily for us we have the best moms in the world and taking it away is in your best interest. they will give you something else to replace it with. like a new stuffed animal or a special toy." i explained to her but she seemed confused.

"what you mean?" she asks. "what i mean is you will get used to it and everything will be ok. because we have the best moms and you've got great siblings." i say and she just looks at me.

"who's your favorite brother or sister?" i ask. "tay." she answers confidently. "try again." i say and she tilts her head to the side in confusion. "um angelica." she says. "try again." i say and laugh to myself a little. "ohhh you!" she says and points at me.

"that's right. now why don't you smile for me and we can go down the slide." i suggest. she gives me a small smile and we go on slide. "uppy!" she says once we've got down from the slide. i pick her up and she starts laughing. "no up there." she said and pointed to my shoulders. i lift her up on my shoulders and she squeals.

"you finally decided to be a good brother?" angelica asks me after walking over to us. "hey you shouldn't be one to talk. you got called a terrible sister a few days ago. by tayleigh! literally our most chill sibling." i say and roll my eyes playfully.

"whatever. i can still hit the hardest." she said and hit my arm really lightly. "evi you know what to do." i say to her while she's still on my shoulders. she starts kicking her feet all over the place in attempt to hit angelica. "nice try. liam needs you by the way." she tells me and helps ev get off my shoulders.

i go back up in the tree house and over to liam. "what's up?" i ask. "did you notice something wrong with mom?" he asks me. "which one?" i ask back. "cheryl." he says. "not really." i say and shrug. "ok because i did. i think she got a phone call but she looked really concerned." he said. "don't worry about it. it's probably nothing." i say and he nods.

"liam come quick! the tea party is about to start." grace calls out from the mini hut. "duty calls." liam says and i laugh.

normally i don't spend a lot of time with my siblings mainly because of the age difference. for example me and evianna are 11 years apart. it just wouldn't make sense for me to play with her 24/7. nobody knows this but me, liam, angelica, and ella all have what we call teen meetings and talk about all our problems that only we would understand. it might just be because we're the oldest bunch out of 8 kids and it's chaos in our house all the time. but we all really get each other in a way that our little siblings and moms never would.

although i'd much rather be hanging with friends or playing video games i do enjoy family time. all my siblings are pains but can be really fun at times. whenever i play with the little ones it almost gives me an excuse to pretend i'm younger again. it helps me in forgetting all the stress i have now that i'm a teenager and i definitely don't get as much attention then all the other kids. i'm ok with it though because sometimes i just need space.

"look at these swords i found!" tayleigh screams and points to a bucket full of fake swords.

"woah. do you guys want to play pirates!" aiden says and all the little kids cheer. us older kids agree and we get swords and pirate hats we found in the tree house. we played for hours just pretending we were pirates even though half the time i forgot we were pretending.

i'm happy i get to be a big brother because at the end of the day i really love all my siblings. they bring out a side in me that i forget i have sometimes.

A/n: what do you think the phone call for cheryl was about?

about 2 or 3 more chapters till the time jump!

Instas:
@Sweet_Pea

actual representation of what happens every time i try to take pictures of this girl 😂comments: @kevin

comments:
@kevin.the.gay- same with gia :(
@archie.andrews- same with fred
@tiny.topaz- i think we can all agree that the oldest kids just don't like pictures
@ronnie.lodge- dang emily. looking great though
@cherylbombshell- so photogenic without even trying
@katiefisher- model material or what?!

@Betty1Cooper

the kids love charlie so much

the kids love charlie so much. especially the twins!
comments:
@jughead.jones- babes
@tiny.topaz- very cute
@ronnie.lodge- charlie is adorable. and so are your girls
@cherylbombshell- cute as always
@archie.andrews- never failing with the adorable content
@fangsforgarty- rocking the pink robes girls!
@kevin.the.gay- cutie pies